Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 things that p*** me off about fishing...

Ausfish Addict

Re: 10 things that p*** me off about fishing...

try using render, lucky phil, mackmauler who ever else u really r, time admin did spikes and delted posts like this
    cheers
    Joe

hi redder
    i think ya still gota be luckier than me
    stuck in melbourne holidaying with family and still yet to wet a line, just wishing i was back wetting a line even if i wasnt catching fish.
    went down to phillip island today just to get a sniff of some semi clean salt air
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee
    try using render, lucky phil, mackmauler who ever else u really r, time admin did spikes and delted posts like this
    cheers
    Joe

??

Ausfish Addict

Lordy its called spam , certain members of this board Masquerade as women and or doh dont know anything, and if steve ausfish wants to keep the board above board then he should be deleting these posts and pulling in the reins of some moderators
    cheers
    Joe.

Now make a list of everything that makes you angry about NOT fishing and see which list is longer.

You'll quickly come back to your senses. I haven't been fishing in a LONNNNNG time and it's driving me up the walls. I was going to go two days ago but had to cancel due to an injury (playing blasted tennis of all things!) >

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It'll get better soon.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Don't sell the boat!!.........sell the house & move North.

KC

bidkev

Pick a spot anywhere between Amity and Chain Bank..........bait up with one large, fresh squid on a size 10/0......chuck uptide from boat and hold on! The resulting catch will be guaranteed, whilst being unhooked, to throw up plenty of bream above the legal limit............Turtles!.......... an endangered species, my arse!!!!!!!!

kev

Flinking Blip!

wasn't expecting this level of commentary!

Hmm... well, if it WAS just a bad day, or even a bad month, that'd be one thing. We Imperial Masters of the Empire aren't quitters, u know... why'd u think we still have a cricket 'team'?

It's not even that I don't catch. Mates, I haul in dozens at any given session. Only last evening, I was out and caught 9 fish over 30cm.

The catch is, they're ALWAYS feckin' bream! Jesus Jimminy Bloopin' Kee-rist On A Chariot Driven Sidecar... I am SO damn sick of those things! I hate the buggers! For the last 6 months, I have caught nothing but bream - 90% of them undersized.

It's not for the want of trying different things.

I have fished every bait, lure and device you can imagine.

I have fished top, middle, bottom and all depths between.

I have fished every rig you ever heard of and many from back home you probably haven't.

I have fished every hour of every possible tide, moon and weather combination.

I have gone to Abu Bastad Dhabi and back trying to find the one single spot anywhere on the face of this continent that is not infested with these things

And you know what? I STILL catch feck all but tiny bream

I went to that tackle shop on the Tweed a few months back and sought expert advice.

"Use a bigger bait", he said. "Cast further out".

Well, lemme tell you AND him... I have used every size of bait on every size of hook from 10 to 10/0... the bigger the bait, the faster the little vermin pick it to shreds, is all. I even chucked out a whole bonito tuna on a 10/0 rig hoping for a shark or a stonefish or a bloody electric eel... anything different. Back came a jag hooked undersized bream!

And that goes for livies, too. I put the tank on me boat to very good use, as it goes. I have worn out fully fifteen yakka jigs in the last half year, just hauling in the poddies and yellowtails. Garfish, pike, funny little things that grunt when u touch them... the whole caboodle. Guess what they catch... go on... have a guess(?)

Casting further out? Mates, if i cast out any further, me hook would need a passport. But that doesn't matter. From shore to horizon, there is nothing but a carpet of miniscule bream.

I swear on a stack of bibles, there are places around here where it is entirely possible to walk clean from bank to bank, feet dry, stepping on the tightly-massed backs of those vile finned locusts

And it doesn't matter where, either. River, beach, reef, shore, channel, you name it... in my experience, the average rain puddle will contain at least a dozen of 'em.

I sunk (no pun) a five-figure sum into a boat. A bloody good one, too. See the description above. I'm not even gonna bother writing about it... you will have picked up the theme to this post by now.

Now, the main reason I'm jacking it in, is not the lack of anything else but the Silver Plague, it's that I'm starting to get murderous thoughts towards them. I wave fillet knives at each one I catch and tell it to pass on the word... next one is bait, and I'll fillet the bastad alive. Slowly.

Obviously, these fish don't talk much amongst themselves.

I've never kept an undersized fish in my life. There are the occasional laws that make sense and the undersized fish thing is one of them. But sometimes, one of those pelican thingies decides to moor up alongside me and pass the time of day. It's not my fault if me feathered chum happens to be parked in the very spot where I'm chucking back the never-ending stream of grinning undersized bastad bream, is it??

So, that's the reason, lads. If I'm destined never again to see another fish bar bream and I'm starting to fracture laws over them - time to call it a day.

Actually, the main reason for this whole post was a bit of a troll to see if anyone would be interested in the boat. It's not that I want to sell it, per se, it's just that it's a 100% fishing rig. The dear old Trouble and Strife will come out on it, but isn't that keen on it. She wonders - and I quote - "Why we can't trade it in for one of them boats with like, little sheds on the front".

Women, eh? Bless 'em. Can't live with 'em, can't bury 'em in a shallow grave under the patio.

There's probably gonna be an ad in the For Sale section with a few pics soon, so if you're interested, look there!

If you've made it this far, thanks for listening. I'd be a traitor to me countrymen if I didn't have a good whinge now and then

Cheers,

R

BTW - that bloke who mentioned Brad Smith. Funny thing is, I was in the Boat Shed, Currumbin, this very w/end shooting yarns with the bloke himself. I have to say, he talked a good talk, but I have me suspicions. I suspect he's an agent of the Nefarious Howard Tax as he claims to only ever use lures.

Also, he mentioned the 'B' word.

Unforgivable!

(I'll probably be out on a day with the bloke soon)

I don’t know what you are winging about you are probably throwing back one the best live baits next time you toss one back put a hook in him you never know ya might catch a bigger bream. [smiley=wut.gif]

Render your posts are always a hoot but this absolutely takes the cake

if i cast out any further, me hook would need a passport

Anyone looking for a cheap boat????? There's a bloke called Render who's just a tad over his fishing exploits - nothing quite like negotiating with someone who's got an attitude. [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif]Reckon we should all talk to our mates - My bet is this boat will go cheap - just to get it out of his life!! Hell, he might even just give it away!!! This fishing stuff is just KILLING this guy!! [smiley=end.gif]

Look out for this potential bargain of a liftime!!

Render, mate, friend, buddy, imperial master of the empire!!!!!

Sit down, have a beer, enjoy the company of good and bad women, and 'feck' the fishing! Next brimbo you catch - hold him close to your face, Rex Hunt style, talk to him, get to know him, find out about his life, his lot in the deep blue davey jones locker - find out that your life is a much happier experience than his - take pity on him, let him back gently, and take another swig of your beer in celebration that you really do control his detsiny - just think - you had him in the palm of your hands!! You're in control, the boss, (or are you????)

Hmmmm..........i don't reckon you'll sell!! That will get rid of your reasonable reason to have an Imperialistic Whine!!

Damn - there goes the bargain!

Hey Joe Luck might be with you, give the Babbs a call, you might get lucky
    regards

Ausfish Addict

onya brian LOL
    wont go there, besides i may not be able to keep up with her eh.LOL
    cheers
    Joe

Well Render old mate,
    Maybe it is time to think outside the square a bit and put this phenomenal bream catching ability to good use.
    Why not try one of the much talked about bream fishing comps?
    Start a charter service to help those less fortunate that go out time and time again and come home with diddly squat.
    Or at the very least remember that your worst day fishing is always going to be better than your best day at work.
    Who knows you might even start to enjoy it.
    Great to see you still have a sense of humour about it and we wouldn't expect anything less from a pom.
    I can't remember the last time I had a whinge about catching too many fish.

Stu.

working for polycraft and not being out fishing. but i suppose someone has to keep making quality hulls.