Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** THE GREAT BOATIES MARKET IS ON AGAIN ****

MulletMan

**** THE GREAT BOATIES MARKET IS ON AGAIN ****

Hard to believe but it will soon be just on six months since the last one! We have confirmed the date as:
    Sunday 10th. October 5.30 am to noonVenue is:
    Victoria Point State School, Colburn Avenue, Victoria Point
    Standard blurb "anything from a fish hook to a cruiser"
    No need to book a site as we have acres of room for everybody. $10.00 a site with unlimited size. Entry for buyers is a donation of your choosing. We will also be raffling a brand new Fisher and Paykel 5.5 kg. capacity Washing Machine valued at about $650.
    Last year was the biggest and best market ever and a big thanks to Ausfish who did a super job of assisting in the promotion of the event.
    Our biggest problem remains getting the word across to the Boaties so if members have mates, rellies or neighbours who would like to come down and shore up the numbers, please let them know. If anyone can help out by placing some A5 size leaflets in suitable shops or locations, just let me know and I will drop some in the mail to you.
    Enquiries to Ian Fischer
    0407 029 704
    idf@bigpond.net.au

We like to respond to you guys for all the help and another "Free for Ausfish Members" Marine Radio Course will be announced this week sometime.
    Thanks all
    Ian Fischer
    Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point

Re: **** THE GREAT BOATIES MARKET IS ON AGAIN ****

Hi Ian

I am a member of the Redlands Boat Club and we are always looking for interesting things to put in the magazine, and on the notice board at the Club. If you get the information to me I'll pass it on

Cheers

I just hope there's no kerb side clean-ups on the southside in the next few weeks, or it'll end up at the boaties mart in the back of Phill's ute
    regards

Just trying to do my bit for the community Brian.

What time did you say that no-one would be at your place, and by the way, where did ya leave the spare key to your shed.

The first boaties Market I attended, as a Stall Holder, was earlier this year. It went very well.

This time I'll be back again, and guess what will hold centre stage.

Yep ! The NOW Famous, " Lucky-Phill's " mackmauler slugs.

There will certainly be a HUGE consignment of other ' interesting ' stuff, including many other types of lures and terminal tackle.

Cya's there

Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phil,The first thing you should put up for sale is that bloody chair 8),I was thinking about getting it for Mrs Touchy 'cause I need the laughs but she has let me go fishing the last 3 w/ends in a row so she is in my good books at the moment .Cheers Touchy.><>

Heres a map so you blokes that want a bargain can find it a bit easier.
    See you there.
    Victoria Point State School, Cnr Colburn Ave, and School Road
    Cheers Lloyd

Zoomed out a bit

Lloyd,

I'll try to make an appearance.

Keep up the good work.

Wes

Thanks Wes.
    Look forward to it.
    I think their might be quite a good turnout from the Ausfish guys. There were a few there last time, our own personal meet and greet

DaneCross

Phill,
    How much are you going to be selling the Lucky-mauler slugs for??
    Dane

I'll pencil that one in. It's only a short walk from my place

vp3

Davo I wouldn't just pencil it in. The "Boaties Market" is a must. The last couple I landed some great bargins. See you there.
    Cheers Ian

Bumpty Bumpty bump. Oi !
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency/ MROCP and MROVCP (VHF only)

To work in WITH the Boaties Market, VMR Victoria Point will be running it's last Radio course for the year.
    It will start at 9.30am and run till about 3pm. (Go to the market early and then come down to the unit by 9.30am)
    Cost will be $65-00, PAID ON THE DAY!!!!!.. NO PROFIT!!!
    PASSPORT Photo MUST be produced on the day, Proof of identity, (Drivers License).
    You get included, a full course of instruction, Marine Radio Operators Handbook, the test, and your papers sent away to be marked by the Australian Maritime College and as many coffees as you can drink to keep you awake. Then if you pass, (Very few dont), a shiny new lifetime "License" that is internationally recognised with your mug shot on it. Best of all, you get to know what you are doing on the Radio, and the fact that you get to prove to your kid's that us old farts can still learn a thing or two and pass multiple choice tests.

If you are interested, want more information, want to book, contact me (Lloyd) on 0403539485.... First in first served, we only have a small base so we can really only take about 10 people all up, and I allready have 3.

IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE YOU CAN ATTEND, tell me so and I will place you on standby for if someone pulls out at the last minute. We have to order tests in as we are not allowed to keep them and it can be a little frustrating turning people away because the course is full, and then some people dont show up. Emergencys do happen and we wont ask you to supply a note from Mum if you do have to pull out at the last minute. (Beaut weather for fishing is not a valid reason)
    Regards Lloyd

For those of you wanting to get a bit of study in before the course and test, go to this link here. [smiley=book2.gif]

TOTALLY ignore the entire CHAPTER 11 section however. (Immarsat Systems)
    http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/handbook2003.pdf

For details as to pass rates, number of questions etc go here [smiley=computer.gif]
    http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/obtain_cert.html

If you want to check out what the multiple choice questions are based on, go here
    [smiley=help.gif]
    http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/examinat...m_revision.pdf
    Note!!!! This includes questions drawn from the entire handbook. Depending on wether you are going for the MROCP/MROVCP, (definitely not Chapter 11 Immarsat Systems) will depend on how much you have to be able to answer.
    It will become an awfull lot clearer after the course
    Cheers Lloyd

Still some places left!!!!!!
    Sunday 10th October, VMR Victoria Point