Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll Results. A prediction

Re: Poll Results. A prediction

Coastal booths are starting to come through for the Qld Senate. Fishing Party picking up nicely - well over 2% and ahead of Democrats on primaries - if the trend continues they'll have to take notice.

Kevin's still probably gunna need another job however

Bugman

Metro booths are hurting the Fishing Party - primary is sliding in percentage terms. Overtaken by Dems and probably only likely to trend down from here on.

I think my first prediction of around 1.5% is looking pretty good - the final result may be just short of that.

Not bad given limited funds and a single issue party.

For those interested looks like Libs 2, Labor 2, Nats 1 and probably the Greens on prefs for the last position in the Qld Senate.

Bugman

Well we've cracked the 10k mark at 1.39%....

If nothing else comes of it, it'll get em thinking.

Ausfish Addict

Like Phil i had a good day out with the voters as well, thanks Phil and Rob for your help in this area. I found the whole experience totally enjoyable, as i was able to hand out bumper stickers, which, when the major parties saw, come and ask for one. Also the Family Party, on a roster of 4, also offered to hand out our htv cards, in exchange for bumper stickers,thanks guys. Had heaps of enquiries into the party and some postive feed back from voters. thanks for the opportunity, KC, and nice to meet you, hope we can meet up again soon. Just checked the stats at 1.4 pc. you have given the a wake up.
    cheers
    Joe.

gif

Bugman

yes but where do you get booth data? Like you said above " coastals"

eg Has Cairns and Weipa been counted ?

Gary,

Not specific mate - only based on time of night and info from scrutinieers. It is possible to get each booth but I only get the trend info.

Small country are always first, followed by small coastal - in QLD case usually further north. Less votes per ballot box means it's counted quicker and the results come in faster.

Metros are always later in the night - hence the late surge of Dems and greens and slight decline of the fishing Party.

If I was a Democrat staffer - I'd be looking at where my next pay cheque is coming from - at just 1.2% nationally it's now up to the indescrestion of the Govt to maintain funding.

Family First nearly got there - how scary would that be - Asembly of God with federal funding.

Kevin - hope to hear from you soon on the experience that is the political ride. Interested to see whether you'll continue to keep the party "running as live" between now and the next election. I guess it's a matter of money.

Just 3 years to go for all of us.

Bugman

gif

I hope Kevin wont mind me saying - he is semi – off line tonight. He has collected two awards at an industry night tonight.

Busy time for him but he is staying in touch by SMS.

KC and The Fishing Party.

Irrespective of the outcome I would like to thank you people for all your effort. For once, it provided me with the oportunity to be able to put a one in a box I cared something about and hopefully it will open up some eyes for the future.
    John.

if a lot of us become members or contribute maybe the party will stay alive

Last count so far its 22,021 votes for Fishing Party.. not bad.. not bad at all my young padiwan

Tim

make that 22, 861 now

You did well! You now have the attention of the major parties as well as the general population of Australia. 30,000 votes is quite a prize. Even if you decide not to run again, you still hold power. 30,000 votes for either party to go after will allow you to make demands. "You wash our backs and we'll wash yours." Here in the U.S., we have the NRA (National Rifle Association). It consists of folks who got together to stand up and defend their rights to keep and bear arms as spelled out in the constitution (though it's still illegal in Chicago somehow>). There are millions of members and they are very active voters and campaigners. The parties have to listen and try for their vote. The fishing party may not be a viable political party, but it sure is a presence on the political scene thanks to the hard work of you guys. Be very proud of yourselves, and remember, you don't have to BE the giant if you can CONTROL the giant.

Congratulations and good luck with future endeavors!

E.C.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Back on line & nursing a sore head after a tourism awards night (I already have another job bugman... so don't despare).

Like I said right at the start and long before counting started 30,000 was going to be a meassure of success and with 25% of the vote to go we will get pretty close to that. Once we get a booth by booth and can look at the numbers we returned from manned booths it will be really interesting.

Certainly some interesting numbers posted and amongst the minor parties we seem to have polled very well.

Look forward to seeing what the day brings and the next few weeks in the wash-up.

Thanks all

KC

searaider

Onya KC ,
    I think that the party did pretty well , when you look at some of the obsticles put in the way .
    *If some of the other posts are correct , it looks like the media when discussing the candidates for the Senate mentioned everyone except the Fishing Party mmmmmmmmmmmmm . >
    *Not enough people to hand out how to vote forms at the booths . ( Hopefully the party will still be about at the next election , is so ill make sure I'm available to hand out some forms ).
    *The Party may NOT have been around long enough for a lot of fishermen to know it existed .( In the last few weeks leadind up to the Election , I was pushing the Party to every fisherman that I know . I'd say that 95% of them hadn't heard of it )?
    It would be interesting how the Party polled in the various electerats throught Queensland .
    I was watching the Senate results on the AEC web site last night , they were something like 10,000 votes at 10PM with 60% counted & then jumped up to finish at 23,000 at Mid Night with 76% counted .

Party Member
    Peter
    Searaider 2