Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toolooa Bends - Gladstone

Re: Toolooa Bends - Gladstone

Apparently the South end Jetty is good to. Never fished it myself, but heard good reports.

Gladstone Harbour is a top Harbour ta drop aline if one follows their moon phases and tides...
    Anyone with a smaller tinny shoudnt have probs cathing themselves a good feed..
    Email or PM me for further help, dont mind sharing local knowledge.......
    Cheers

DNO40

Hey JD,

As you head under the pipeline support (it,s not a bridge) heading east, the Rocks and reef that you are talking to the left are actually called Mounder Rocks. The creek to the immediate right is called mounder creek. these Rocks have produced some good fish in their day. The best and most productive I have found at the Bends is drifting on an outgoing down the last leg before the QAL conveyor. This has produced some nice flatties and bream. Toolooa Bends is a vast waterway which I have spent some time in. You are always after years of fishing still finding new spots that produce good fish. I can honestly say that I have never been to the bends and came home without a feed.

Needmorerum

CQHornet, you sound like another CQ member, where abouts are you from? We have a number of Ausfishers from the CQ area.

Corry

Past the pipeline??, you actually mean ya went past the pipeline without stoppin fer a Fish there ..
    Starboard side of the Gooseneck heading downstream..Cast your baits back into the piles or pipeline supports ..some mean Bream, n Grunter there at times i can assure ya...
    In n out going tides, just make sure you fish into the supports..Or adjascent to em in the channel side..Drops off into the channel it does with some nice fish hanging about waitin ta pounce on someones bait.....

DNO40

Volvo,
    Don't give away all the spots matey, I'm sure they will find them one day.

Corry,
    I live in Tannum Sands. Have sold the big boats and now fish out of a Quinnie Hornet Trophy 4.75. It gets me out a little on nice days and is also good inshore for harbours creeks and estuarys. I have had yhis boat in some places that you would normally have trouble getting a canoe into. Mind you I had to wait for the high to get out again.