Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NQ MEET & GREET

NQ MEET & GREET

Just wondering are we still going ahead with a Meet & greet for 30th and the 31st of October. This was the date put forward when the last one was postponed due to bad weather etc. If we are going ahead with this I think we should all get in a book some accommodation in Cardwell as this weekends tides are good and it is the last weekend of the season for Barra. I'd reckon that Cardwell will be a busy little town that weekend. So all you NQ Ausfishers let us know what you think and lets plan something.

Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Re: NQ MEET & GREET

Would be keen if I can find someone to crew with? (hint hint hint!) How bout an offer ron?
    Dan
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

If all goes ahead Dan, the previous offer still stands mate. Hope the weather is good for us this time.

Ron

Keep us posted

How you go on the weekend ron?

8) I'm up for it. It competes with Tinaroo barra bash but if you want to catch edible fish and avoid the crowd, Tinaroo aint the place top be 8)

There isn't any fish in tinaroo anyhow! Well, none that I've caught anyhow.

heh Ron - now that I've got the boat I am interested - pending permission to leave the house of course.

Don't know a hell of a lot about fishing, but enough to catch the odd one or two - oh and I can drink beer.... is that enough?

SNELLY

I'm a starter and Daintree Boy said he was keen for this one

I would prefer 23rd & 24th Tides for Inshore but I will go with the concensus

Snelly

I'm still in but my girlfriend has a birthday party on the 23rd #$%^# it. Any other weekend after until the end of the year is fine with me. I would like to go during good tides but whatever suits everyone else is fine.
    Cheers, Mark.

Well guys I'd be hard pressed to make it for the 23rd & 24, Mark can't make it that weekend either. So we'll wait and see who else is interested and what dates suit them. But we better get something sorted soon or we all will be sleeping under a coconut tree.

I say we just make it the 30th and 31st and plan for a big weekend away. If we catch some fish than it will be a bonus.

Cheers Ron

Hey Dan
    If I told you how we went on the weekend, I'd have to kill ya

Only joking mate. Just little stuff and a lot of undersized trout. I guess the live trouters have just been through this area. But a great day all the same, spent most of the day sitting on a sand cay and swimming with the fishies. Beats a Saturday at work, and not much to clean on the boat.

Ron

SNELLY

OK with ME
    Lets make it a date 30 & 31th it is

Daintree you right then ?

Snelly

SNELLY

Spoke to a mate who fished out of Cardwell after the moon #a couple of weeks ago and he got 10 Barra's and had plenty of more hits for the day so even on the smaller tides it should still be OK and I would think that the Bay should be good at this time of year.

But lets hope for for really great weather so we can get to Kennedy and/or Otter and play with the GT's again - Hey Paul there is at least one out there with your name on it

Ok
    Have booked a villa at the Beachcomber for that weekend.
    Same deal as last time China and Dan. Now that I've sorted the accom it's up to you two blokes to sort out the weather. .

The Beachcomber still has vacancies, but the lady there is expecting that weekend will be quite busy, so book early.

See all you guys there.

Cheers Ron

OOGABOOGAWOOGA!

There you are ron. Now the weather will be fine. DOne my part!

Dan