Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The best eating fish in the sea.

Re: The best eating fish in the sea.

Nothing goes past fresh slab spanish mackeral, some butter some lemon and a little cracked pepper, I'm also a big fan of fresh tuna sashimi, so sweet, yummo.

To back up Blaze's wrap for shark, I recently bought some flake from C-O-L-E-S deli.

After dusting it with flour and pan frying, I was shocked at how good it tasted.
    I am now a convert and will never look down my nose at eating shark again.
    (Hopefully though, sharks will look down their noses at eating me)

I'm surprised John Dory isn't on that list.

I can't say I've tasted most of those fish, but JD is internationally renowed as arguably the finest table fish on Earth.

Cheers,

R

sidewayz

Barramundi Cod are bloody good eating, but unfortunately they're on the no take list now.

Sidewayz

MUD CRAB!!

gotta be winter whiting for me.Don't get that sort up here.Crumbed with lemon pepper mmmmm.

bidkev

Catfish..........preferably warty ones......wrapped in Shovelly skin and baked in a sauce of turtle piss and noah blood.

Nannygai comes a close 2nd. :-)

For hors douvres......pillies, topped and tailed, mashed with a sprinkling of curry powder and chopped onion, made into patties, and dry fried.

PS.......anchor upwind of me

The Verminator

Been eating a bit of Barr Cod lately when the weather lets us get out that far,dusted in seasoned flour and fried in butter,very tasty.

Havn't tried every fish in the sea yet, but of what I have tasted my favourites are Trag and Parrot.

Ben

banshee, we've got a couple of what I believe to be barr cod this yr, they are very good eating, I rated it alongside perly, as noone seems to be familiar with the fish around here my ID is in question , flowery cod they all reckon, these sure taste better than a normal cod! ill post the pic is this the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    Catfish..........preferably warty ones......wrapped in Shovelly skin and baked in a sauce of turtle piss and noah blood.

Nannygai comes a close 2nd. :-)

For hors douvres......pillies, topped and tailed, mashed with a sprinkling of curry powder and chopped onion, made into patties, and dry fried.

PS.......anchor upwind of me

The Verminator
    Goodonya Kingtin.

No mangrove jack in the poll ?? A while back I spent some time on Melville. They have a huge range of fish to choose from and while they release basically everything, the only fish they take for the table are jacks. And they are superb.

Sand Crab

Gotta be blue eye trevalla for me , no question. Tiger flathead's good too, so is umm, albacore whiting, barra, mackerel, threadfin, emperor, trumpeter, - gees Ilike 'em all!

I would have to say Red Bass have been lucky a few times just off Hat Head Vanuatu !!!
    Ps hardest fighting fish in the sea ( I think anyway )

1. Coral trout
    2. Longtail tuna (nevel caught yellowtail or SBT)
    3. Fingermark
    4. Red emperor
    5. Mangrove jack
    All are pretty hard to turn down.

Intereesting that there doesn't seem all that much interest in barramundi. I have never kept one of my barra catches yet so can't really comment.