Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: can anyone out there stand rex hunt?

Re: can anyone out there stand rex hunt?

TO ME FISHING SHOWS HAVE CHANGED IN THAT THEY HAVE EXPANDED WHAT THEY
    SHOW IE 4WD, CAMPING, TACKLE TALK. IF ON THERE WAS 30MINS OF FIGHTING FISH
    AND LESS TALK WHEN THE FISH IS OUT OF THE WATER. IT ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE AN
    ETERNITY THAT THE FISH IS OUT OF THE WATER.
    LEN

About Rex's shop. #It's called Rex Hunt's D'Lish Fish. #You can read all about it and the famous guy himself at http://www.rexhunt.com.au/ Better still get a copy of his new book.

Dont care what any of you negatives say about him, he's still my hero.

Cheers

Derek

Here is a copy and paste from the site -

Rex Hunt's D'lish Fish is situated on Port Phillip Bay adjacent to historic Station Pier. We offer a fantastic selection of fabulous fish and chips, delicious seafood, succulent salads, ice creams, milkshakes, cold drinks and coffee! Rex Hunt memorabilia is also available.

Rex Hunt's D'lish Fish offers outdoor seating for 50 people featuring protective glass wind barriers and large umbrellas for your comfort. Our store and seating area is suitable for disabled customers. There is plenty of parking as well as public transport (trams) and bike racks for your convenience.

We cater for many bus groups and are able to customise packs to suit your budget. You can phone ahead to have your order ready when you arrive to avoid any delays!

We also offer each bus driver with 10 or more passengers a FREE “D’lish Fish and Chip Pack”!
    So come on down and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Port Melbourne and check out the many attractions this area has to offer. Including-

Famous Station Pier
    Beautiful beaches
    Walking paths and boardwalks
    Parks and gardens
    Markets
    Theatres and galleries
    Shopping
    And much more
    And remember we are only a hop, step and a jump away from the CBD and St Kilda so perhaps you could take a trip the aquarium, the museum, art centre, Luna Park or any of the other attractions Melbourne has to offer.
    Come down and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Beacon Cove as you indulge yourself in my "D’lish Fish" and you never know you might just catch me cooking up a storm!

Some of you knockers should check out this website and read about the great work that Rex is involved in. http://www.futurefish.com.au/

Derek

Derek, If it easy for anyone to get involved in a venture when you are being paid over $5 mill/annum to do same. Pay me that kind of money and I will be as good as anyone at it. The real "heroes" are those that dedicate themselves to charities..give up their time and their small resources to assist others in need.

Personally, as for Rex and ET..I really don't watch their shows..I hate ALL lifestyle shows...in the case of fishing shows it can be quite easy to spend a couple of days at the chosen site untill you get amongst the fish then with some editing it looks like the fish were on the chew for the entire time.

Take the big cheque from Rex and ET and any other showbusiness people and they are then just like us..rec fishos.

I'm with Cooky on this one.
    Good on ya Rex and anyone else who succeeds with what they want to do.
    Takes a hell of an effort for enyone who gets that far and believe me but driven people are actually not driven by the money but by the drive to succeed. They don't exactly stop and take a break just because they made a quid as many people driven by the weekly pay packet would.

We're talking about a ratings driven show that obviously succeeds or it would get pulled. The success is driven by the ads which sell stuff. If this didn't happen he wouldn't be there. If you saw my face on telly every week I'm sure it would not take long for the ratings to drop or for plento of people to get the sh**s with me so I say go for it Rex.
    Can't say I watch the show (whens it on...?) but if you don't like then don't watch obviously you're not in the target group.

On ya Rex, Steve E, Australian Idol etc etc, the people involved and behind these shows are successful at what they are trying to achieve so they have my full respect