Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Battlelines are being drawn

Re: The Battlelines are being drawn

That PETA lamb would be nice bait!

DICER

Like I have posted many times........everyone turn cannibal & give the critters a break
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

Feck!!!, that mean i cant have leather seats in me new Boat??..
    Seriousely, the feckers are out there n they do have the clout so dont underestimate em....Wanderin if they are remnents of ye ole natzis party??..If they had the clout ta gas peoples this lot may just have the clout ta stop your passtime >..
    Take em seriousely get involved (Fishing party or otherwise)n be ready ta dance when the music starts ..
    Cheers

PS, JC didnt Fish. He just showed the Fisho's where the fish were schooling.....Or coulda been a good Bommie ??? or a Good Wreck ..

A little while back on one of the UseNet fishing forums there was a continuing thread about a series of court battles PETA waged against a domain owner of peta.com, a website name he had apparently owned for a number of years.

It ended in the travesty of a court order for him to transfer the domain name to PETA, but apparently took a number of years of appeals to secure it, during this period the domain owner, a staunch hunter and fisherman made his political point though.

During this time he received numerous personal death threats, threats to harm his family, and to bomb his home and property from peace loving and gentle PETA sympathizers.

Typing the name peta.com sent you to the website, where he had the audacity to claim PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.
    -------------------------------
    Veni, Vidi, Fishi
    I came, I saw, I Fished

Here is the court case about the PETA web site. The court did not award costs that PETA sort of US$306,000 against the web site owner or allow the other side costs against Peta. It seems the case was settled purely on laws covering Trademark.

http://www.phillipsnizer.com/library.../lib_case7.cfm

Here is one PETA lost, this is a site against animal rights organisations.
    http://www.animalrights.net/archives...00/000106.html

F*#& petta ill stand and fight the bastards the old fashion way by interupting its protest and shoving its loud speakers up its a#*e if it start sticking its nose to far into my fishing.But on a more leveled note we must stick together and stand tall against these tree huggin vege killin hippies [smiley=rifle.gif]

When the PETA activists get into fish suits.....I'll get the gaff.

DICER

I will be in that!! Where did I place my Gaff.

I was in Brisbane on the weekend and PETA had some sort of sign up for their group. They were literally chasing people down the street. They would get people in by asking "Do you care about the environment" to which most were relplying "yes", they then asked if you wanted to join their group, and when people refused and began to walk away they would follow you, almost yelling (so the crowd around could hear) saying "you said you care about the environment but wont do anything about it, do you support the innocent slaughter.... blah blah blah"

I was approached and when they asked if I care I said "not the way you do, people who use violent methods to protest are just as bad, as people who ruin the environment" They tried to give me a speech about "means to an end" etc, but I wasn't taking any of it.

I've been aproached by greenpeace in the same way, when you dont give to their cause they treat you like a rapist.

Regards
    Mickk

Mickk...where were they? Hopefully their recruitment was futile.

DICER

Hi Dicer,

They were in the Roma St Parklands (Saturday Afternoon), I hope they didn't get too many takers too. Most conversations I overheard around the area were negative towards them (PETA), so maybe no-one signed up.

On a side note - I also saw 5 separate weddings there in 4 hours!! What are all these crazy men doing?? Stop popping the question fellas. She cant say "yes" if you dont ask.

Cheers
    Mickk

Interesting that they are "rallying the troops" here in Australia. It looks like Australia is to be the next battleground for the ultra green movement and unfortunately our fishing, our diet and our way of life is in the crosshairs.

Will be an "interesting" couple of years and these are fanatics who will do whatever it takes to get publicity and influence the politicians. We just need to be ready to exert our own influence in the only place the politicians really care about....the ballot box.

Regards

KC

Off the track a touch, but down here in Byron Shire we have been battling the greens on all fronts about the zoning plan for the Cape Byron Marine park.
    Basicly they wanted to lock up all the reef from Brunswick in the north to Lennox Head in the south and three miles to sea.
    Through extensive media coverage and rallies for the past few months it looks like we might have actually beat the green do-gooders who dont know a pilchard from a snapper!
    Submissions closed last week and over 5500 seperate submissions were submited.
    I know for a fact that over 5000 of them were totally against the proposed zonings!
    So that leaves at most 500 for the zonings.
    If the polititians turn a blind eye to these sort of statistics there will be all hell brake loose down here.
    tHANKS TO ALL THOSE ANGLERS THAT MADE THE EFFORT TO PUT A SUBMISSION IN. ITS ABOUT TIME WE STARTED TO UNITE TO FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT TO FISH.

Cheers
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Good on ya mono, great to hear u are putting up a standing fight down there. I hope they goverment listens to you and decides against the zoning.

Jason