Thread: Looking for Shrimp Trap

Looking for Shrimp Trap

G'day!

My mate is wanting to buy one of the shrimp traps illustrated on the following website (please click on the link below). The trap is made of plastic coated steel mesh, and is in two parts that join together. Each half is approx 21cm (8 1/4 ins.) in length. Anyone knowing where we can buy this item please reply to this chat board.

http://groups.msn.com/ShrimpTrap

Tight Lines;
    Tail-Light

Re: Looking for Shrimp Trap

hey tail-light

i think i saw one at K-Mart in the fishign section. but its not a steel mesh type. its made of perspects. it looks very similar to that one. hope this helps.

scott

I find the rectangular traps available from most fishing outlets for about $7 ideal. They have a steel collapsible frame and fold down next to nothing. When you want to use them you just realease the clips on each end and they spring into shape. They have a hole either end for the shrimp to enter and a large zippered opening at the top to place the bait inside. It is a good idea to leave this larger opening open as long as you are standing by your traps but if you are leaving them overnight then close this opening as tortoises willget in and eat your shrimps and drown. Also don't forget (at least in N.S.W.) to put your name and address on them I copped a $500 fine some years ago for failing to have my name and address on my traps.-Beatle [smiley=beatnik.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif]

thanks for your advice fellows, old mate determin to have these, he's found Charltons fish & tackle @ Redbank have them, mimo apparently make them, about $13 he said. i just wanted to help the old fellow out, he was stressing about it, another fishing mate came across them. thanks again for your help. tail light.