Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you guys know this?

MulletMan

Did you guys know this?

Duracell make a "professional" range of AA batteries that are NOT for sale to we the lowly public! Some found their way to me this week with a use by date of 2010 and clearly marked "not for the retail trade" on the side i.e. professionals only! That means we dickheads have to keep using the shop bought stuff that is far inferior to the ones I now have in my torch. I compared the two sets and the pro ones absolutely kill the others in every way. I wonder why we mortals are not considered to have enough brains to use the pro ones?
    Not exactly high tech stuff but s**ts me off this! Now I feel much better.

Re: Did you guys know this?

Actualy my Brother had these at his shop at Canon Hill, but they lasted all up of about 3 days, some one came and bougt 3000 of them, then another person come and bought the rest, which i think was another 7000.

The ones i had lasted me aprox 4 time the lengh of the retail ones, and were as bright as the day they were put in right untill the end, it is a pitty he didnt have teh rechargable ones, or i would still have them now.

As soon as i find out where they can be bought, i will post it up here, they are worth it all the way.

Cheers,

David.

It's a conspiracy!

I have compiled a list of things I also think the government is hiding from us.

1. All celebrites and high figures of our society have free beer that comes out of their household taps.
    2. Aliens live amoung us.
    3. Guy Sebastian is actualy Humphrey B Bear shaved down.
    4. The government distributes beautiful women all around Australia to try and get men to fish less. and,
    5. The government can control the weather and they try to screw everyones plans on the week end so we work more and create a better econmic society.

Haha, it's all out now!

One just has to know where to get them (not only in AA) and they are available if one knows where. Hospitals/medical type equipment uses a lot of this stuff.

Cheers, Kerry.

hi all,
    we get them at work, so does my old man. they throw them out after about 10 minutes use, we use ours until they are flat or change if in doubt. haven't really noticed that they last any longer in the equipment than a normal battery probably would. i'll do some research- next time i am at work i will buy a couple of ordinary batteries, i will put them and the pro ones in the same equipment, see which lasts longer, won't be at work untill saturday, will post results
    cheers
    dazza

I've got bags of them.

One of my employees husbands is a Blackhawk Helicopter Pilot and they (army) are only allowed to use batteries once (night vision goggles). Yes that's correct - once = one flight. Safety rules. They don't only use Duracell, but I must admit I was wondering about PROFESSIONAL labels (I've never asked).

I've got them in torches, remote controls, etc. Main reason that I've got so many is for the kids toys - I was sick of replacing them - mentioned it one day.... solution...

I have a heap of NiMH AA batteries though (for digital camera - I think I've got over 20) so I never seem to be short of AA's - they're everywhere!!!!

My digital SLR seems to chew normal AA batteries up in minutes - the NiMH are much better and not very expensive at all these days. I'd recommend these - you'll save $$$$

dazza,

we'll watch for your post.

Kerry, how about spilling the beans on where you get them. Or if you only want to tell me, a PM. I've never heard of them before. but that is the fate of mushrooms.

A year or so back I bought one of the Rezap chargers that recharges your ordinary alkaline batteries. Haven't needed to buy a battery since. Its saved me heaps.

I did some work with an army intel group using a thermal imaging thingy.

each battery was $750 and it used one every night!!!

eggbeater

We use them at work. Duracell Procell Professional there called.
    The Duracell rep comes once a month to top up our supplies.
    We are only a car dealership.

Journalists use them as well - we have them here for all of our electronic gear.

It's fantastic how the AA fit all my little things around the house. It's also pure co-incidence I bought the most expensive and high battery usage C size dive torch on the market which uses 10 at a time.( the shop owner said - you don't want that one mate - it'll cost you a fortune in batteries) #And the D size fits into my portable stereo.

Oh well.

Bugman

Commodore,
    You have been watching too many (American) conspiracy movies!
    The Duracell "Professional" batteries are exactly the same as retail ones. We use them at work and I asked the supplier about it. They are just "re-labled" in an attempt to stop people "borrowing" them from work places...(not very effective hey Bugman! ) the idea is that only 'businesses' by them so if found at home probably pilfered i.e. if you have the boss over for dinner...hide all the batteries! "Sorry Boss..the remote's broken! DOH!!"

Tend to agree with Blue_Escape. Government Departments use them as well.

Derek

Brett, If you have so many batts can you spare me some?, I need some for that vibrator you lent me (remember the one?,The funny shaped one, you said it would be good for massaging my sore neck ) But I really found it a pain in the bum to use, but I'm sure those batteries would help. Cheers Touchy><>.

PG

I agree with cooky. I have bought some NiMh rechargeables for digital camera and they last 3 or 4 times as long as the standard shop duracells at about 3 times the price. Only difference is these little suckers can be recgharged about 1000 times. Mine had already paid off for themselves after 2 recharges.
    Get a good charger too and be careful, NiMh batteries charge different to NiCad batteries.