Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rolled Boat - The Aftermath

The Rolled Boat - The Aftermath

I just took Monroe over to South Stradbroke to check his boat on the beach. He managed to get a few bits and pieces that the vultures have not taken.

These are posted with his permission.

Re: The Rolled Boat - The Aftermath

More of the tower

More

More

More

a landy has never looked so good up against a blackwatch, the ocean can certainly make a mess of boats!

OUCH! that is a sad sight. No one was hurt I hope?

[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Barrymundi

How much was stripped ?

Any chance of a picture before this to see how she was ?

Al

Bouncing ass up on the sand definitely makes a mess of them. At least it was insured.

Quote Originally Posted by mackmauler
    a landy has never looked so good up against a blackwatch, the ocean can certainly make a mess of boats!
    lmao. first thought was.... robs turned up to have a look too.

Well guys keep an eye out for a heap of Pakulas, Furuno Electronics, Reelax Outrigger Bases, Chair etc, Tiagras and Ian Miller Rods in cash converters, e-bay etc., etc., or if you are offered stuff behind a pub etc., etc. If you hear of anything please let us know. It is probably out of our hands now as I expect all this stuff becomes the property of the insurance company once the claim is lodged. I am sure they would be glad to track it down as well. The more they have to pay out the more you guys are hit with higher premiums next year. It is more the getting back of personal effects we are after - sunnies, wallets, cameras, keys etc., etc., etc.

Here she is in all her glory but pre the new clears, Marlin board mods, Reelax chair and Furuno Navnets which were unfortunately new and not insured.

Barrymundi

thanks for the before picture

Al

Smithy, that pic brings back some great memories for me, the vacant block behind the tower was where grandpa lived till his end a few years ago, they have a painting of the creek that used to run in through the mangroves on that beach, muddies on your front door!