Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1770 MEET N GREET

Needmorerum

Re: 1770 MEET N GREET

Sounds good to me, I'm in. Is everyone going to stay at the one place, if so where. Tony, is the 1770 camping area still there, is it going to be an option in Feb?

Corry

PS... JD, which boat, yours, mine, big, little, so many questions, so much gear to buy before Feb. Come on Christmas.

OHHH yeah... 1770!! im in tony... if its rough you gunna show me where those bass are?

I'm keen...

Sounds great, just the excuse I'm looking for when it goes ahead bring on 1770 !

Geez, Touchy ( and Brett ) you got a lot of takers this early in the game.

I'd like to see Tony ( Agnes_Jack ) post up his thoughts on Moon phases, tides, fish species, weather conditions, etc that we should encounter in February 2005.

I have fished 1770 many times over the years, but usually around Easter time. I also stayed in a house and at that time the cost was around $550/ week ( peak period ). But, I'm not sure I'd be that keen to take up a pozzie on the beach in the camp ground at that time of year.

If the takers are serious enough, I'm sure that a house ( which usually sleeps from 8 - 10), can be sourced.

For those considering this M & G, 1770 can be a magnicifent place, and it also can be a bugga, with the wind not allowing offshore ventures for a whole week, so it is important, that as Tony said, alternative arrangements are made to make an Estuary assault transition,,as easy as possible.

February, is NOT that far away.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Those with dive gear bring it along, should be a few Crays around the headlands(got a good spot at bustard).
    I will be taking a Powerdive(hooker unit)
    as well as normal kit

Michael

CQ_Fisher

Yea, this is looking real good. Alot of interest from an early stage. Tony, any recomendations on where every1 can stay. Camping would be the best option, that way every1 is in the same area.

Corry, i reckon we take both boats leaving all options wide open.

Keep the ideas coming, guys

Cheers
    JD

CQ_Fisher

Another thing i just realised is that we should support other ausfish member's business' when the opportunity arises. Majority or readers would realise that Tony (AgnesJack) owns and operates the local tackle store at Agnes Water. I would like to suggest that members going to the M&G would hold off on buying bait/tackle supplies, or perhaps even order ahead (if Tony is prepared to do so) Just a thought, Tony what do you reckon? Are you looking forward to a bumper month in Feb?

Cheers
    JD

well i'm keen but the week brett suggested is no good for me at this stage
    the week before and after is best for me but then i'm only one...
    if the week alters and i do go... i will take the cat up myself and just take 2 crew out with me as the weather allows.
    crew can jump onboard for one trip or as many as they like ???
    .....different members no worries to me.....

tony...
    make sure they deliver extra fuel to ar/waters...
    so if anyone wants to go up and crew. heres an opportunity to fish offshore at 1770...

i have fished at 1770 and know the area.[reasonable]
    i can organise a house to stay in but a deposit will have to be taken
    plenty of rentals but that time of the year could be a problem ???
    "whats the time"

Tony how do i get shares in your business? The outlook seems good mate.lol... foxy

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELG
    should be a few Crays around the headlands(got a good spot at bustard).
    I can vouch for that. If its the spot I'm thinking of you'll clean up on crays!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Just leave some for me!!

I'm keen if I can get time off work.

The last time I was on a boat near 1770/Agnes/Bustard Head, I was on the Marine Park Enviro's boat doing "Work Experience". Such a tough life, chasing tourist operators fishing in restricted zones, (more like netting with that many lines in the water).

On the way home the water was SMOOTH. And I mean smooth like oil. Not even wind ripples!! I have photos and will scan and post them soon.

WOW ! This looks huge ! I'm in.

Zeeke, tell me again about those prawns

Hey Boys
    Sounds Fan bloody tastic. Count me in ,Ill take the hilux and tinnie .Ive got more camping gear than you could poke a stick at and if your lookin for deckies Pete count me in.Hey Tony you had better warn the Jack,s we are comingand i hope the prawns are on. Last time they were running while i was up there we got 15 kgs in about 10 mins and they were the best prawns i have ever eaten.
    Razza

Sounds great to me and only a couple of hours away.
    The big thing will be time off work. And the young fella will be pissed off bigg time, it will be his first month in High School so he won't be coming
    Cheers
    Mark