Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 1770 MEET N GREET

Re: 1770 MEET N GREET

Ba
    All depends on your cultural heritage!

Regards, Tony

No, its just Tony who drinks VB. He is the only one in the state that drinks VB, supports Collingwood and drives on the Bruce H'Way with a caravan on the back doing 55km/h and holding up the rest of QLD. He might even be a Melbournite that slipped passed the security gate at the tweed that prevents mexicans from entering the sunshine state. (Just Jokes Agnes

Mick
    I'll have you know that I support Footscray (go the Bulldogs) And when I tow my caravan I drive at no more than 40kph, thats cause if I drive any faster it just doesn't have the same annoying effect on the queensland drivers who sit right up my bum whilst I am in the middle of the road. As for slipping past the gate, all I had to do was give the queensland security guard a sniff of my VB and he fell into a stuper,
    (just unable to cope with real beer)

Regards, Tony 8)

CQ_Fisher

Im gonna back you up here Tony. Im QLD born and bread and VB is my beer of choice. Love those VB combos Tony. Ive never caught a Jack yet, so I'll have to be trying my arse off to add the VB rod/reel combo to my collection of VB chair, VB sports bag, VB esky.

Cheers,
    JD

See.... I knew you blokes couldn't ALL be wrong.

XXXX ? nah, hand me a beer I can drink

tony,
    ive only ever drunk bundy,but seeing as its a special occasion and all im gonna see if my little sister can give me some of her VB or jack daniels to bring up.Do you drink that stuff thru a straw?,if so i can probably get some of them as well.
    cheers scott

Scott
    I must admit that I am also a little partial to the odd bundy rum, but I only drink xxxx if I run out of VB. A straw is the best way to go with xxxx, only way you can make it hit the spot!
    So yes please, grab some straws off your little sister so I can hand them out to blokes like Mick and Scotty. That way they will at least get the idea of what a real beer is like!

Cheers, Tony

CQ_Fisher

see if your sister has some of those little umbrellas that sit in ya drink too. They would be "just sensationally fabulous".

CQ_Fisher

that reminds me of a story. I couple of days after christmas i went crabbing with a few mates, all VB drinkers. One of my mates has a ritual of shouting himself premium beers for special occassions like christmas and that. This christmas his little present to himself was a few slabs of coronas. When i picked him up he asked if he could bring his esky in the tinnie aswell. I thought it was an unusual question as he would normally just grab a few vb's out of the fridge and chuck em in my esky. He put his esky in the boat and i thought nothing more of it. We finally got to the usual crabbing area and baited and set the pots. Our normal habit is to set the pots and then go and find a nice spot to soak a few baits and have a few beers while waiting before we do our first run. I grabbed a few beers out of my esky and handed them around to the boys. Old mate who insisted on bringing his own esky declined with a huge smile on his face. Before i could ask him "why the knock back?" He dug into his esky and pulled out a corona. We all started laughing and telling him "u cant bring those kind of beers on a crabbing trip, what if a pro drove past and saw u drinking that" but before we could even finish hanging shit on him he pulled out a little bowl with cut up lemon in it and stuck a bit of lemon in the neck of his beer. Now call me old fashioned but this kind of behaviour is just not going to be accepted in my boat. I quickly started the boat and motored over to the closest bank where i made him get out while he finished his "girly beer". Some people wont allow bananas on board, i wont allow girly bers. if he didnt have the slice of lemon i may have considered letting it slide, but the bit of lemon in the neck of the bottle was just too much for me. Suffice to say that VB were the flavour for the rest of the day.

Hi, agnes_jack
    would you be able to supply the dates for the 1770 meet n great coming up soon
    Sounds like it is building up into a huge event, wouldn't mind popping in for a visit.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

BladeRunner!
    The official dates are the 14-19 feb.
    I think a few blokes may get here a bit earlier, for recon purposes.
    Come along! should be a good time for all.

Regards, Tony

i think you will find most people arriving on the 12th being a saturday and leaving on the 19th wich is the next sunday

see ya up there
    scotty

searaider

Hi Guys ,
    Not long to go now , see you there

Geday Tony ,
    see you on the Sat the 5th , hoping to hit Agness around 12 or 1 Pm .Weather permitting will try & sneak out Sunday for a fish .

Talk to you later
    Peter
    Searaider 2

Hi all,,

Was considering heading up and towing the boat up as well. But from the posts I have been seeing, it looks like there will be a heap of off shore boats. Does everyone have crew, or can I head up for 4 or 5 days and be able to crew for others? Who has spare slots for day trips?

Next question,, is there actually a central meeting place? people will be at different rentals and at the caravan park, but would be good to be able to congregate in a central location.

Cheech

Cheech
    Was talking to Lucky_Phil late last week, he was saying something about bugman suppling crays and a deck for a get together, BUT I have not seen anything official posted up here.
    Phil should be back from Hervet Bay today so we may see more on the subject when he gets settled and gets back on the air
    Cheers
    Mark