Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1770 M & G. update & Info.

Re: 1770 M & G. update & Info.

hi greg,
    bugger the weather, just put my contigency plan into motion. looks like a trip to DI for a week after the 1770 meet & greet if the weather gods smile.
    cheers
    dazza

ill just have to pack a couple of extra beers # 8)
    For those that received a email from phil with names and numbers i have got myself a cdma phone and the number is

I'm still going... Leaving tomorrow morning...

I'll put the V-sheet out if I break down!!

what time you leaving MINi?

I will hopefully be on the road before 8am (be up there around 1pm). #But if I pack tonight, I might get itchy feet and leave even earlier. But I doubt I'll get away before 8am. #I'm now going by myself (my deckie has to work), so I can make a move when ever I want to.

I put my car in to get new rear shocks and panard rod bushes today, so I'll pick it up and pack it this afternoon.

I think I may be a little too paranoid regarding my car. It hasn't let me down in a bad spot since its been into the machanic, (it has been playing up a bit in the last 12 months though). #But you know what its like when you get a series of problems, you loose faith in the car, until it prooves itself to be reliable again.

How about yourself Scotty, when will you be travelling up? #What's your rig look like?

Mick

PS #Is it quicker to go into 1770 through Bundy or Miriamvale (sic)?

Personally I reckon quicker through Miriam Vale.

Ben

as one of my deckies has to work and will make his own way up , im gunna try and leave early and beat the traffic ( im on the gold coast)
    Wouldnt mind being on the rd around 4am
    im in a silver navara 4x4 02 model dual cab and a small 3.8m tinny
    i have the ausfish stickers on the front of the boat and one on the back window of the car
    ill be stopping at the matilda just before gympie for a coffee and a feed
    Not sure the best way to 1770 but as ive never been up that way before thought i would go thru bundy just to have a look and see if i can sniff out the rum
    see ya up there or on the rd
    scotty

Guys
    You are best to go via Bundy, Turn off at apple tree creek-just past childers, go straight thru bundy and take the turn to gin gin, about 3ks out of bundy turn to 1770.
    Saves at least 30mins.
    Drive carefully all.
    Regards, Tony

NeilD

Must be something about our recent M&G's and the Weather Gods . From the look of the forecast we will head up Monday rather than the weekend. Still plenty of time for a few cleansing ales and a bit of a fish though . Just hope for a break.

Neil

Bugger the weather! im going, should be interesting chacing muddies, prawns and jacks in a 7meter cat, lol...foxy

Yep, wind is up a Tad, but the creeks are the go for a couple days. Saturday arvo look sthe goods for a quickie.

Definately go thru Bundy.

Golden Nugget 7am Breakfast. that is the Caltex Truck stop just south of Gympie ( NOT Matilda, too many tourists go there )

UHF40

what else can I say.

Cya's next week.

Phill 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

dazza and i will be leaving caboolture around 0400,thats in 6 hours we will be in a very slow 80 series cruiser with a big arse 680 ''BARTENDER''on the back..
    my mob is 0427 957170.

see yas up there.

sounds like about the time i will be getting there phil ill see if i can find it and call in

I beter hit the sack gota be up soon

cyas up there or on the rd

scotty

Weather looks like crap, check this out:-

Saturday until midnight: S/SE winds 20/30 knots increasing to 25/33 knots late tonight. Seas 2.5 to 3.5 metres in open waters. Scattered showers.
    Sunday: S/SE winds 25/33 knots, reaching 30/40 knots in offshore waters during the day. Seas 2.5 to 3.0 metres inshore, rising to 4 metres in open waters on and rising SE swell. Scattered showers.
    Monday: SE winds 25/33 knots, reaching 30/40 knots in offshore waters.
    Tuesday: SE winds 25/33 knots.

Today though it looks like the BOM got it wrong, out near rundle it was only blowing 13 knots and gusting to 15. Not perfect by anymean but fishable for those that wanted to get out for a bit of a bash. Wouldnt go out know, the wind is slowly picking up. So it looks like the BOM got it slightly wrong for today.

NeilD

Ratman and myself made the difficult decision not to go due to the weather and some pressing work commitments. Has anyone heard how the Ausfishers are going? The Muddies and Jacks must be shaking in their boots being the main target for a lot of itchy fishos.

Neil