Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1770 M&G Update!!!

Re: 1770 M&G Update!!!

Well im not to sure were i should start this as things became a little blurry as the week rolled on
    I left the Gold Coast about 4am on the sat morning and met up with team rebait at the caltex just before gympie for a quick coffee
    From there was straight on to 1770 via bundy, at the 1770 turn of just out of bundy i caught up with dfoxs crew and there is no passing that big boat on the rd he pulled over up a little further and let us all pass thanks foxy [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Arrived at the house and noticed no back fence so went to have a look at the big boat in the yard
    noticed two guys asked if they were ausfishers and buggers me its Dazza and Nofrills(scotty)Said gday and had a chat
    Then went to unpack my gear and corry turned up, from memory i think we sat on the deck the rest of the afternoon drinking and having a chat
    that evening was off to the pizza shop for a feed and a few more drinks
    collected dazza and scotty on the way thru , then stopped at the noisyest house in the street (team touchy )
    Afew quite beers and it was back to dazzas for a nightcap on the deck
    Early start the next day as all the tinnys hit the water
    dark glasses and lots of water for some
    heres a pic of old mate touchy getting a lift into the boat

here a few more pics of the ausfish tinny fleet

Tony took us all for a run up the creek so we could get a bearing on the place i think there might be a few more channels in round hill creek after last week

more tinnys

that night was a BBQ at the bugmans house where there was more drinks and storys told
    its been said in a few earleir posts that people have never laughed that much in a week and im am one of those people
    the next day i follow tony down to jack spot x to have some fun
    well what a plase this is
    we caught our live bait in a few minutes and off to spot x
    after not having to much luck my bro in law rodney and i started to relax with a few beers when BANG his line took off
    after a short fight he had landed a jack , it would have to be the unlukyest fish that ever swam and it being the only legal one caught for the week the buuger won the rod and reel combo from tony
    ( tony, rod says thanks agian)
    the next few days and nights seem to all roll into one another with all the drinks, fish, bulls*$ting and laughing

a big thanks to tony and sandi for the help
    phil and others for getting the whole show together
    and all the other ausfishers who turned up to make it one great trip to remember

Well for my first M&G it was a bit of a wipe out #[smiley=thumbsdown.gif] but was still able to get some fishing in and learnt a bit as well [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Thanks to Agnes Jack & Jill for organising the M&G andThank u Roz for the invite on your boat, a special thanks to Razza for taking me,Wayne,Jed,Touchy,Tony and Big D for making my stay enjoyable and fun. The food was great and the booze never ending. It was good to meet u all hope to do the same again, except with better weather. #

Well everyones given a pretty good account of what went on.
    I had a great time and good to meet some of the ausfishers you only see on the screen. Yeah the weather was s**t but I think everyone was happy just to get away (I know I was).
    Personal thanks to Tony , Phill , Brett and all involved in setting this up [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif].
    Think another one towards the end of the year sounds good, and thanks Tony for the great crabbing spot LOL.

Mark (bayfirie) talked us into going fishing, between catching sharks we were watching how close the breakers were coming.

Tony,

Were you catching the prawns using a cast net or drag net? Or did you dive in and use your teeth?

I got a few using the cast net, and was wondering how you got yours.

Mick

thanx everone

i had an absolute ball.thanx for your hospitality and i will be back for sure.
    heres a few potos of the riff raff.

foxy heading out.

god not mud crab again

the riff raff on our veranda

its half past one ''DONT THESE PEOPLE HAVE HOMES TO GO TO''

good to see rod keeping the boy's entertained

CQ_Fisher

I want to know who got so hungry that they tood a big bite out of that table

JD

hi jd,
    probably one of those ferrals from over at your place
    or was it kerry from the front verandah
    cheers
    dazza

Sportfish_5

What were you guys doin with those pliers - crackin claws ?