Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How easy it is

adriancorrea

How easy it is

Hi all
    Some of you might have seen on the news about the boat that capsized in moreton bay today.
    Well I was in it, it all happened so quick.
    We were in a 15ft centre console and were on our way back to the boat ramp when it happened.
    1 Wave on the side and the wind caught the canopy and the rest is history.
    Luckly we are all ok, bit sorry and sore but ok.
    The epirp was caught underneath the boat and it took us just over an hour to get it out, and an hour to get rescued.
    4 boats went passed close to bribie and didnt see us, niether did the 2 planes that went overhead.
    What a lovely sight that helicopter was after two hour in the water bobing around, they then lifted us up and took us to the water police near the wyte island boat ramp.
    We managed to get the boat back, what a mess VRM bribie towed it back for us upside down into the passage and with some help from passes by we turned it over and then VRM lent us a pump to pump the water out and then towed it to a boat ramp for us.
    What started out as a simple fishing trip turned into an eventfull day.
    We caught no fish and lost all of our gear but atleast we are all ok.

Tight Lines
    Adrian

Re: How easy it is

I did see you on the tele, Adrian.

Was just asking the fellas in Live Chat if they had.

Well, at least you are all OK, and better for the experience.

Cheers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

NeilD

Glad to see you made it all back in one piece. Too bad about the gear.
    What do you put flipping it down to? What sort of boat was it?
    Pretty frightening to think you can end up in the drink for a couple of hours so easily.

Neil

not good to hear mate glad your ok

jeff

Adrian, good to see you made it back, thats no good at all!

we fed the sharks there last wk longtails to 20 kg taken like jellybeans, no place to be in the water at the moment.

cheers rob

Really glad you guys are OK. Thank god for epirbs.

nisrol

snappyone
    not a good expirience , but makes you more aware of the dangers out there !

adriancorrea

Horse put it down to a wave on the side which tilted us and then the wind caught the canopy and tiped us right over pretty easy.
    We were in a 15ft centre console tinnie.
    Phil, jeff and dasher, yeh all ok and definately an experience.
    Rob that was on my mind the whole time we were in the water,
    Lucky you fed them good last week LOL
    we had just finished chasing longtails about in that area but couldnt land any so set off for the passage to try and catch a feed of something before we went home.
    bayrage>nisrol sure does open up your eyes. Im buying an epirb for my boat even though I dont go outside in mine.
    We are all stunned at how easy it happened.

Tight Lines
    Adrian

At least everyone came back in 1 piece; that's the main thing. Fishing gear and all that can be easily replaced, whereas a human life cannot. This should serve as a timely reminder to ALL boat owners/skippers to never underestimate the power of the weather or overestimate the capabilities of their craft and/or crew. It must also show the importance of having ALL safety gear (communication devices included) in date, in good working order and easily accessable in an emergency. Insurance is also a must for boat owners as this will not only replace lost boats and gear, but also offer some peace of mind to their families and to that of any potential crew. It can all go pearshaped in a heartbeat and that is not the time to be considering these things that should already have been taken care of.

Cheers,
    NICK.

I heard it on the radio while driving and wondered if it was one of us.

Glad you are OK. stay safe

Sportfish_5

Whereabouts did you go in Adrian - the shipping channels ?

Glad everyone was OK

Cheers

Greg

Scary situation to be in, floating in the water waiting for help. Glad to hear you are all OK.

Mark

Not good . At least alls safe now.

Glad to see you all came out of it. Hope it hasn't put a damper on your fishing. Saw the article on telly and the VMR said that although you didn't need an epirb for that area it was what made the difference. Same thing happened to a mate of mine a few years back and he has sworn off biminis since.

Sam
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Shit Adrian,

Glad to see you're back in one piece. Hope it doesn't dampen your enthusiasm for the water. There's no real feeling like losing a boat to the water - at least I wasn't in mine at the time.

Brett