Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How easy it is

Re: How easy it is

Ok I'll be repositioning my Epirb.

Maybe I should have a grab bag fitted to the hull

glad to hear you're safe Snappyone - and that you were able to at least salvage something, and I guess others are now more prepared as well.

DICER

MulletMan

The big winners of this post are those who have decided to improve the location of their essential -must-have emergency equipment on their boats. If only one life is saved then it is worth any flak encountered. I had a friend once who was a mad glider pilot and for many years always wore a sit-on-one-shot type parachute. He cursed ands swore about the inconvenience of it year after year and finally decided it just took up too much of his very limited room - so he left it behind. His widow I believe is managing quite OK on her pension after he drilled a quite spectacular hole into the paddock following a structural failure of the glider's wing! As they say, Murphy has a reputation for arriving at the most inconvenient time and usually when we believe we are bullet proof on the day!

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

My grab bag is a great foot rest in front of my seat. It's just a sports bag which contains the life-jackets and other essentials. It's possible it could get caught in a roll over but it should be relatively easy to find in this case.

I don't store any lifejackets in hold areas so I make sure this bag has enough jackets of the correct size for all on board before going out.