Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idiot's Fishing off the Bribie Bridge

Re: Idiot's Fishing off the Bribie Bridge

ive seen bridge fishos fishing off the motorway bridge over maroochy river... had some guys one night fishing off the base pylon after rowing out in there canoe, all nicely setup to have guys on the bridge 50ft above them drop there lines straight down infront of the other guys... these guys were constantly scratching there heads when they saw a small undersize bream slowly swim his way 50ft into the air, then do an informal backflip quarter turn double dutch flip flop into the water, seen guys get jagged by hooks while driving under with there boats... not a whole lot of fun.. but the worse bit is copping a 15yr old launching himself off the bridge and into your boat.. they jump off where the blue nav lights are indicating the boating channel.. dunno if they are smart at all.. but 60kgs of meat will do alot of damage to a 14ft tinny..especially from a 50ft fall ive had some drop only 3 or 4 meters from my boat.. they think its funny.. but it aint!!

Tim

if it was me i would be defintly speeking to your loacal MP or going to your next loacal goverment session and bringing it up
    both the jumping and fishing in boating channels
    one thing most goverments understand is public liablity
    there was just a case this week where a young fella jumped off the bridge at foster that got over turned and now the councle is liabile for something like 5mill
    even though they had signs saying that your not allowed to jump from the bridge it got overturned all because there wasn't a sign stateing what could happen if you did jump from the bridge
    i'm sure the council wouldn't want anyone sueing them because they got injured but a flying hook or sinker from the bridge or something like above

fishingnottake

you need a ha;f cabin and just aim straight for the lines... then again a dozen stands of 20lb firewire wrapped around your propeller might slow you down.

Hmm, that was 9 years ago and nothing's changed still with the problem getting even worse. Here we are in 2014 and I haven't got a sensible response to the idiots who continue fish the main channel area off the bridge ..... $&ck witts.

Heard a rumor as at the 1st July, on the spot fines for fishing off the Bribie Bridge.

Haven't heard that one,,, who's going to issue these fines because currently our local police couldn't give a shit.

I guess unless the Police park at one end and walk along the Bridge to dish out the fine it's not going to happen.
    There's certainly nowhere for them to stop on the Bridge itself unless they hold the traffic up unfortunately.
    Maybe somebody could actually start issuing fines to the idiots who fish under there at night with no lights, or who anchor directly in the blue lit channels?