Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redland Ramp Carpark - Part 2

Redland Ramp Carpark - Part 2

Okay i'll carry on the debate if allowed and will explain why a tad later.
    First i'll sidetrack a little by explaining how God made the first two people on this planet to be one Turk and One Greek ..
    Anyone who knows a little history between the Turks n Greeks know that they've near always been at each others throats n no love lost between the two #..
    One day the Greek gets a tad sick n tired of all the fightin and asks for permission ta have a yak with the fella up top.
    Gets his request granted and fronts up to the one allmighty.
    Sez "God , me n this Turk ya know we is always Fightin and its gettin a bit annoyin it is!! >..reckon you can do sumthin about it??"..
    So God made another Greek n the Greeks spent their time fightin among each other n left the Turk alone..
    Moral to this story if ya think about it...
    All Fisho's here yet we spent so much time wasting our energy among each other rather than those who would n do intend #wreckin a good passtime of ours..
    I'm with Gary all the way even if there aint no intended conspiracy or whatever for the following reason..
    Been a resident here in Gladstone now since 1980 and when first set foot in the place there was so much area allowable for a bloke,kid, father n Son or a whole familly to go Fishing if they werent privvy to owning a Boat..
    One of the Wharves "Aukland Point" was opent to public to Fish and Dilly for Prawns most times and how many a night was spent by famillies on that Wharf chasing Fish and Prawns one only knows who was there then and privillaged to have enjoyed those days..
    An opportunity for the passtime to be adopted and enjoyed ..
    Along comes "Workplace Health N Safety".
    Goodbye Aukland Point Wharfe ..Who could rightfully argue..But got rid of all them peoples off the Wharfe didnt it..
    So did squite a few areas along the bund Wall which were previousely allowable..
    Up went the fences, keep people from getting too close to the other Wharfes..
    What areas werent or arent closed one needs to be a Billy Goat to clamber down..
    I'll leave that part right there and go no further ..Point is there is always ways to move people on if need be..
    I look with envy at Towns around the Country which supply the Boaties not only good Ramp facillities but also Boarding pontoons for loading and offloading personal with safety and anyone who knows the main ramp here at Gladstone knows the need for one badly..
    Have spent many a year up the Councils #acehole tryin to get one and wont bore you with their excuses but do know the main reason for the "Sorry but not right now".
    Our Fisahing as we know it now is at Risk , make no mistake about it!!..There are those out there working hard to reduce our activities in more ways tan one....Been all said before anyway so better stop n get off my Soapbox before i bust a poofle valve ..
    Gary if you have time please email me a short note of how an out of Towner can write an objection..
    Cheers

Re: Redland Ramp Carpark - Part 2

The original of this post can be found at http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1105314317

It started with the following by Gary.

Cheers

Derek

My two boys need your help. You see by the time they get to my age there will be stuff all fishing allowed anymore. They won’t be able to take out their kids - unless you help them out today.

They need your submission directly to Redland Shire Council. Last week letters went to Transport Minister Etc

All it takes is a letter or an email. IF there is enough we can start to stop or slow down the anti – fishing movement out there. This Redlands Ramp issue is the best opportunity to show we will not just lie down.

So even if you have never written a letter in your life - on behalf of my kids – who both love fishing, I am begging you to write one today - and get 4 other mates to write one too.

Yes it will be a nuisance - it will take maybe 15 minutes or so. We will make up for it we will come and wash your car or mow your lawn to make up for it if you want. Even if it takes us all year.

If not for my kids - for some kid you know?

It is important that everyone writes their own letter - that they all look different. I will give some drafts to help you. Email me if you want me to help check or write it

Send them to

Project Delivery Group,
    RSC, PO Box 21, Cleveland Qld 4163; or

Email your comments to rsc@redland.qld.gov.au putting Weinam Creek in the subject line.

gif

LAST  Days

This ( extended) submission date is Friday - Tomorrow

You would have to send letters by express post or hand delivered

Post your letters to
    Project Delivery Group
    Redland Shire Council
    PO Box 21
    Cleveland 4163

Late letters can me emailed to

rsc@redland.qld.gov.au you MUST put “Weinam Creek” in the subject line.

Further details are at http://www.redland.qld.gov.au/have_your_say.cfm

All it needs is a sentence or two saying its not right or fair to take away trailers parks - when the minimum should be 90 spaces.

And something about boating and fishing being important to your family or to Australians life style.

My submission ended up at 23 pages. Email me at g.fooks@uq.net.au if you would like a copy ( don’t PM)

Gary
    0412 111 573
    ]

gif

Mayor loses Her job because of fishers

In all this I heard from a Group of Fishing Clubs in NSW #- Shellharbour.

Their Council closed of a ramp – supposedly because hoons were using the car park. # (instead of improving the Policing)

They wrote letters etc. with some effect.

In the end they had the benefit of an election #- they found out which candidate supported them and thus who they would recommend and who they would not #- and placed a few adds and told the press.

When the Mayor lost her job – she stated it was because of the fishing lobby over the boat ramp issue. # #I am getting a copy of the newspaper item sent to me and have seen all teh adds and press releases.

So as long as you guys are prepared to put in a bit of effort you can make #a difference, and not just be walked over.

Gary

( PS – the boat ramp is back open)

Just wondering what the next step will be with this Gary. When will we know if the council has paid any attention to the protest mail - or even the number of mails they got ?? They certainly didn't have the decency to even respond to acknowledge they received mine. That would be common curtesy.

Yes no response for me either.

The email i sent to the minister (Paul Lucas) was acknowledged by one of his underlings but was not actually responded to - just something along the lines of "the minister has received your mail and will look into it" ...

be interesting to know if they bothered to reply to anyone.

Cheers,

Kris.

gif

1 step ahead

They have not acknowledged many of mine either. But then you see a press release reflecting what you wrote about - thats teh real test.

For example we saw the time extended by a week after my letters - but they never told me.

I have an FOI application in that has asked for a copy of every submission - so I can do my own summary and report on the submissions

Call me any time for an update 0412 111 573 but I will post here at key times

Gary

I didnt recieve any aknowledgement either, but to be honest, nor did I expect one.
    As a member of the public voicing disdain at their performance unless it is an autoresponder most wouldnt bother.
    Only the good Public Servants will take the time to aknowledge reciept of your e-mail especially if it differs from their own opinion.
    Cheers Lloyd

MulletMan

Unless I have missed it in a previous post........ why hasn't anybody approached Coastguard Redland Bay for some support on this issue? We at VMR Vicky Point have worked with the Redlands Council for years on our facilities and have recently not only bagged the floating jetty but have also had an overflow trailer park made available for when the normal bays are full - maybe another 50 or 100 cars! There are major redevelopment plans under way for Victoria Point and I go along to all the meetings, fight like hell for every inch or parking space and we have an excellent relationship with the Councillors and Council who generally speaking do a top class job in our patch of turf! The rescue units that reside at the various ramps are the ones who can really assist you guys on this - maybe it is too late!

gif

I tried getting local involvement - from fishing clubs etc

It was slow

I tried calling for a public meeting - no takers

The phone number outside the rescue building at Weiman is no longer working.

Its not to late - sumbissions officially clsoe today - so email by midnight?

There is a notice of parking changes sign stuck to the fence at Rescue ( 1200 x 2400) so they must be aware

Write to them and the Mayor by Monday morning and it should be heard

Can you help out - even if its only a brief letter or email ?
    Gary

Hi all

Do we have an update/outcome on this.

Derek

gif

can you ask? they're not talking to me We have gone into FOI bunker mode

Gary

In the Redlands local paper recently it was reported, that some of the surrounding streets of the Marina/ramp area is awaiting to be rezoned to allow multi story dwellings, up to 5 stories.

Would those houses with 'private carparks' in these streets suddenly become more valuable with developer eyes casting over them? If these lots were to be developed what would become of the cars which are usually parked here? Since they are mainly island cars, would this put extra pressure on the council (public) car park in this area? Would council have thought if this?

Would this be the reason that council is so hell bent on removing boat/trailer spaces to make room for the need of more island spaces?

Time will tell, unlike the RSC.

Cheers,
    Tony

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Quote Originally Posted by skippa
    Would this be the reason that council is so hell bent on removing boat/trailer spaces to make room for the need of more island spaces?
    I reckon if this was an exam you would get 10 out of 10 for that. I reckon that is exactly what was on their minds.

Derek

gif

I did call today.

Apparently the team reviewing the public submissions will report to the CEO tomorrow. And after that the Mayor and Councillors will hear.

So I wonder how this fits with the planes to start construction in February. They stated that on the public submission document!

Gary