Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Island Fishing Comp gone wrong

Fraser Island Fishing Comp gone wrong

Some of you folk will have recieved your entry form into this years Toyota Fraser Island Fishing Expo.

On the back of said entry form, are 2 parts to fill in.

The first part is a for ' NON-Toyota " owners and the cost of entry is $190.

The second part is for " Toyota" owners, and this entry is $165.

YES, if you own a Toyoto and take it to the comp you pay $25 less to be in the same comp as " ordinary " non- Toyoto folk.

I don't know if I'm taking this the wrong way, but, it appears to be a tad discriminating. Why should the make of your motor vehicle have anything to do with the cost of entry.

I hear you say that Toyota are the major sponsors and therefore are entilted to have a say in the running of the show. Yes they are and should have, but it is the same show for every competitor.

Further, in 2003, the entry was $140, so how can they ( Toyota I believe ) justify a 36% increase in entry fee in 2 years. Inflation is running at 4% ( or there abouts, don't split hairs here ).

Don't get wrong here, Toyota do a fantastic job, and being a part of the competition in 2003 was a memorable ocassion, but I just feel that they may be trying to " squeeze ", " twist ", " manipulate ", " refine " and or " sectionalize " the comp.

I don;t for 1 minute think that anyone will go out and buy a Toyoto, just to get the $25 reduction in fees. But why do it in the first place ? It is a fishing comp ( read, Expo ), for anyone to enter and compete in, and NOT a Toyota only comp.

Further, ONLY TOYOTA owners go into the draw for a $5,000 fishing trip. sounds like a rort to me. You pay less money to enter and get special privilages. ??? > >

For further information or to lodge a complaint, go to

www.fraserisland.toyota.com.au

Your thoughts people. feel free !

Phill 8)

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Fraser Island Fishing Comp gone wrong

Anyone remember when there was a $10/competitor fee that DPI&F used to charge for these commercial fishing comps & use the money for research?

The permit for comps & the $10/competitor fee was dropped as of December 19 2003.

Was there a reduction of $10 in the entry fee in 2004?

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

nisrol

Is that why toyota owners pay so much for there 4x4 ( did i say that ? )

Further, here's a scenerio.

Bloke in a Nissan has been a competitor at the comp for the last 22 years. As a reward for his loyalty, we'll make you pay an extra $25 more than a first timer with a Toyoto, AND we WON"T let you go into the $5,000 fishing trip draw, because you still haven't bought a Toyoto !

There, cop that, Loyal Competitor.

> > > Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Is that for the owner of the vechile only or do his mates fishing in the comp with him pay the extra $25 as well #???
    Damo.

PS: If so it stinks ! [smiley=veryangry.gif]

what a rort. [smiley=furious2.gif]

See where your coming from Phill #>
    A. maybe the barge operator can charge an extra $25 for toyotas #
    B. maybe the extra $25 ,is for a special-RFL ,and the toyota dudes can't fish # ,or win a fish-related prize #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Back to reality # ....suks mate #> ,
    hope the marketing gurus take note for 2006, "$25 ain't SMART" , as I hope both toyo and non-toyo owners concur....
    as they're ALL fishos

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Will this help in my decision to buy a new Prado or not.

Derek

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, only kidding. Love my Pajero.

Derek

Got my support on this one phill...what a stupid exercise and it has the potential to creat a us and them scenario. This isnt the sought of atmosphere you wont to have. Hope toyota wake up to themselves...

Jack_Lives_Here

What a crock. Seems they're on the right track for their own little egotistical secular society. Be careful, they'll have Toyo and non Toyo camp areas next.

NeilD

I was tossing up if I would have a go this year or 2006 and was only talking to my mate about it this morning. Well they have made the decision pretty simple. As a Landie owner for sixteen years I am greatly offended by their discriminatory behavior.
    By the way I'm pretty sure the 1770 M&G comps are only open to 4X drinking Landie drivers in Quintrex boats using Live-fibre rods and Penn 10X line. . Everyone else pays $25.00 to watch. Sounds good to me

cheers Neil

Surely this can't be legal...It's definately not gona win many votes..anyone got an idea of what amount of non Toyo cometitors turn up...How they gona regulate it....If anythin the Toyo VIPS will cop some flak out of it [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

Garry
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Easy fix is you simply boycott the fraser comp and toyota and make sure you let them know why. >

For such a well run comp this has got to be the most stupid decision I've ever seen.

Are they going to charge all those with boats, other than the sponsors, extra to take part. Are they going to charge people who use outboards other than the sponsors extra to take part.

Are they going to charge people who use portable car fridges other than the sponsors extra to take part.

Are they going to tax people who take up alcohol other than the sponsors to take part.

I can't even imagine to think of the decision making process around the table when this was decided.

Because my photo is in the entry form I should write to them and ask them to remove it because I don't want to be associated with such a stupid idea.

I'm with you on the landie Neil

Bugman