Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G

Re: NQ M&G

so are we planning on heading up there on the for the queens birthday weekeend or the week after?

Taylors Beach 18/19 June

Not the QB weekend......

The Tub will be comin
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

The best looks like the week end of 18th and 19th of June.
    We got an incoming tide on the Friday night (high at 6:30pm) and a good run out tide Saturday morning (high at 5:50am running out about 6 foot of water to a low tide at 12:20pm).

So, in a nut shell, we can fish incoming tides in the evening and run outs in the mornings. There will be enough water to run boats around shallow areas at dusk and dawn, can spear in the middle of the day, there is enough run for creeks but not too much and same goes for off shore fishing. Also, the week leading up to this week end has vertually no run at all, so all those sleepy fish are going to wake up pretty hungry.
    Mick the "weather / tide guru" wrote the above prediction and I think that's a great idea. I'm not overly keen on the QB weekend as Taylors Beach is a popular holiday house location for people from Tully, Ingham, etc and a very popular skiing location on long weekends from what I've been told - this makes beach / creek fishing near camp spot (all up main section of creek almost impossible). QB weekend could also mean other campers. If the weather is good - a long weekend will attract EVERY single boat around the area on to the water too. I've a preference for a normal weekend if possible. People can come for the weekend or stay for a few extra days. I would like to try and get say 4 days in (take off Friday/ Monday.

The week end after the QB week end is the go i reckon. I just realised its the start of the school holidays as well, not sure what that affect will have. I think we should just go for it. [smiley=end.gif]

After7, about time you made an appearence! Devo and I were thinking about towing my boat up with his car and hoping you'd tow yours up for some offshore stuff. Failing this, we could see if Petey could take us out in his boat. All we'd have to do is pay for fuel and fillet his fish. Also BT may have his boat (big one) going by then as well. I guess it is up to you. By the sounds of this place, you might even be able to get your boat around the creeks here at dawn and dusk which will be high tide.
    If Petey wouldn't mind taking his boat out, we could probably fit 5 or 6 of us and go off shore relatively cheap. I think there is a few guys looking for a spot on a big boat if the weather is good. Other advantage is if the weather is good, there would be a few boats all going out at once which will be a hellava lot safer for us dudes that arn't overly familiar with the area.

Quote Originally Posted by max_power
    Ok firstly, is taylors beach down near ingham?

secondly, anyone looking for crew, i'm looking for a boat. Pm me with details.

cheers

drew
    Yeah, pretty close to Ingham. Don't stress about not having boat yet Drew. Just make sure you can be there for now. When it gets closer to the 18th / 19th we will start working out boats and positions available.

Quote Originally Posted by devocean
    So its taylors on the queens birthday weekend sounds good to me
    Week end after Devo. I am bit worried now, cos I know you are heading off to Tassie. Can you still make it? It's the first week end of the school holidays.

mick, the QB weekend is good for me, the weekend after I'm in melbourne for work.

So looks like I'm out.

Cheers

Drew

aaarrrrhhhhhh dammit. What dates do you leave and come back? Some of us might be there ealier and leaving later.

i guess if it's the beginning of the school holidays, then the QB weekend is most likely better. From memory the QB weekend is only one day (3 day weekend), and Taylors is a family holiday location (beach houses), so most likely to be busier over the school holidays. When we went - was the Sept holidays - not that busy, but a few kids around (teenagers) camping and running around in tinnies like loonies.

I guess it's a matter of seeing which weekend suits most. QB weekend will be okay for me too - most likely better actually as I can extend a holiday the week before at Hamilton Island (wedding - not mine) and I'll be able to make sure I've built up the brownie points with the wife.

I am easy..... can everyone please post if they can make it on the QB week end.

I guess the important thing is to get the most people there as possible.

i`ve got a beach house booked at toomula with a heap of mates for QB weekend so the weekend after would be better for me. i`ll be there either way it`ll just mean i`ll have to ditch the beach house if we go QB.

mick

I can make the QB weekend, I am in melbourne from the 16th to the 19th, so the QB works best for me.

PM me for any other details.

Drew

18th/19th better for me
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Barrymundi

lots of dates suggested.

Someone firm a date and see who comes,

You will never get a date suitable to everyone.

Al

18th and 19th it is then. Who can make it?