Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G

Re: NQ M&G

Not much fishing (gets pretty hammered) at taylors and the area outside is all green I think

I've been camping at thet exact spot and I am a big fan. Don't underestimate the fishing either - plenty of flathead in the immediate area around campsite and also good for queenies.

another photo taken from boat anchored at camp site.

we got some monster flatheads about 30 metres away from camp site - see photo - taken from camp site down the creek.

I'm not sure about it being green 'outside' - we just kept heading straight over to the Palms - out the back - in the middle - anywhere not green. If the fishing's no good at least they;re a beautiful island group. The jetty's not green and they keep catching BIG fish from there (especially at night).

we got some monster flatheads about 30 metres away from camp site - see photo - taken from camp site down the creek.

I'm not sure about it being green 'outside' - we just kept heading straight over to the Palms - out the back - in the middle - anywhere not green. If the fishing's no good at least they;re a beautiful island group. The jetty's not green and they keep catching BIG fish from there (especially at night).

[img][/img]

Palms have been pretty flogged. I just think there are better oppporunities just down the road at Lucinda. Whilst flathead are fun to catch I think there are better fish to chase in that area. By the way if you are keen to catch barra there the stinger nets at taylors are awesome and hold barra.

i've got some gps spots out the back of the palms (wrecks and stuff) I got off a bloke I'd like to try, but I'm cool with whatever. I was just thinking more the M&G thing than the fishing, but good fishing would be great too.

Taylors sounds great. #A mate of mine (and my wife's #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] = better possibility of my attendance) has a rellie that lives there. #Was there only last weekend. #He has a creek/river close by that was full of good sized jacks that he and his nephew helped to extricate. #Not all nearby shoals have been greened out. #Besides its just as easy to get to rib reef from there as it is from Lucinda if you want to head to the reef or palms. #I think we may be staying in Lucinda sometime in June anyway. #Could possibly coincide.
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Taylors sounds fine to me. I like cookys idea about doing ya own thing. Meeting, greeting, drinking, fishing and drinking at everyones comfortable pace. How far of a drive (in a car) is it from Taylors to ramp at dungeness, if people wanted to fish the brook?

How far of a drive (in a car) is it from Taylors to ramp at dungeness, if people wanted to fish the brook?
    i'm guessing (not sure why I don't know) about 20mins to 30mins - could be less / could be more. But definitely less than an hour.

You can get to Hinchinbrook from Taylors by boat too fairly easily - although more economical doing what you've mentioned.

Meeting, greeting, drinking, fishing and drinking at everyones comfortable pace
    that suits me as I'm not a fishing guru - still very much a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    How far of a drive (in a car) is it from Taylors to ramp at dungeness, if people wanted to fish the brook?

About 5 min

What type of ramp is there at Taylors.....
    I need a concrete one due to vehicle constraints
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

must be the only thing i didn't get a photo of. Concrete though - two lanes wide - small sand area on side for beaching. Large car park - secure enough (lights, etc). Some larger (8m+) charter boats use this ramp so it's pretty good. Just a bit tricky with strong tidal currents (was for me anyway on my first outing in boat). Forget getting anywhere though on low tide.

another photo taken from beach house at Taylors. obviously low tide and arrow points to where we camped. at high tide we could motor across to the steps at the bottom of the beach house (my wife and mother-in-law, etc stayed in comfort - holiday rental). I could even get across in my boat (5.4m glass). We found it handy to check in - have a shower, get more ice, etc.

[img][/img]

Mick we could stay at Kates