Thread: Toogoom October

Toogoom October

Hello All, Just wondering if anybody might be able to help me with some info. I am taking the tinnie up to Toogoom(15mins north of Hervey Bay) in October. Could anyone in the know help me out with target species for that time of the year, and any spots that might get me a bite or two...lol. I have never fished the area before but regularly travel there for work, I have heard the crabbing there is good too. Any info would be appreciated....Thanx Heaps, Dave!!!

Re: Toogoom October

we just moved to hervey bay recently , and Im glad you asked that Q as I would be keen to know this also , I do know there is a small reef not far offshore and have caught maceral, nearly got the cobia but it was too cunning. Had a really good look at the floating pillie and bit the tail off just below the bottom hook, yep poor rigging (lol)
    Parrot are about of course bream some whiting plenty flathead.

fullysik
    Im heading to burrum heads in the first week in september I will put a report up on my return as you will be there in a couple of weeks after

cheers
    LEN

Thanx fro the replies guys, I eagerly await your report from burrum Slugo, was thinking of heading to burrum for a fish as well, thanx also Brad1m don't worry too much aobut that Cobia, there will be another one along soon...lol. Looks like such a chilled out place up there, spent origin night at the Beachhouse Hotel at Hervey Bay and it was an awesome night, only problem was I had too hit the road at 7.30 a.m the next dat, not good when you've had a big night celebrating a Queensland win...lol, look forward to hearing from you.
    Cheers....Dave!!!

fullysik , i recently moved to brisbane from h/bay , october you can expect to catch mackeral , golden trevally and whiting . october is also the time when the northerlies start to come in , hope its fine and windless for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....