Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G

Re: NQ M&G

if its good I'll be bringing my Yalta down, can fit a couple on for a reef trip, but if the weather is crap I'll be looking for a seat in a smaller boat to go fish in the creeks. Cooky better do a good job on the weather.
    if i don't do a good job on the weather, I've got a comfortable chair, a nice cold esky, a drink in hand - I'll be fine

you'd be welcome to grab a seat and join me.

Sounds like a plan Cooky, but I'd be happier if you could fix the weather.

Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

either way it sounds like a good time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nonibbles
    Bump
    Had to do it
    Those pesky Sou-easters were stealing the limelight
    Yep, i have just about heard enough of the pin, bay, noosa, mooloolaba, caloundra, bribie, shorncliffe, mud and peel island, etc.

Yep - there is a camping spot (free) across from the boat ramp - about say 300 metres away at high tide straight across - sand spit with trees. Possible to get to by 4X4 too - I tried and gave up - ran out of time - it was our last day.

here's a photo taken at low tide from a beach house the girls were staying at.

[img][/img]

a photo taken from camp site back to boat ramp. might be a bit further than 300 metres. say 500.
    [img][/img]

our camp spot taken from boat anchored.
    [img][/img]

if it's rough you can always head up the creek. Good to have a few tinnies - i managed to chew a bit of sand further down, but tinnies fine.
    [img][/img]

here is a copy of the rates at Taylors Beach Holiday Park (click on attachment). #Note down the bottom for those interested 4m punts can be hired with 4hp motor from there too. Its a fair bet to say that's where I'll be as wife likes the creature comforts and less time putting up and pulling down the tent was a fair argument to beat for me (have not booked as yet, still waiting to see what everyone else is up to)
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

pray for weather like this. back of Palm island group.
    [img][/img]

I'm praying
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

more of the back of Palms. I want to do plenty of this - feet up relaxing trolling action - beer in hand. Arhhh - that's the life.
    [img][/img]

99% chance wife won't be coming, so I'm planning on camping. If I don't take the wife then my camping gear requirements are cut by 3/4. Esky, tent, comfy chair - me happy.

God, I hope my wife don't see this:-> me too! #
    What is it with wives? She loved "real" camping before we got married. Now...If there's no washing facilities, etc, etc...

My wife seemed to love s*x before we got married too