Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G

Re: NQ M&G

so does anyway have any ideas on dates? i`m pretty much free when ever (uni student).

How does Mayday week end sound. I should be back in QLD ???
    I don't know if I'll fish the channel, but I'ill be keen to go wide.
    [smiley=gossip.gif]

Wild Side
    (Jason)

too hard to guess with me, but with enough notice ( month would be good) I should be okay anytime.

The long weekend could be good, but very busy -would be better to go on a normal weekend and take a day or two off (with enough notice most people should be okay). Not as busy, easier / cheaper accom

4 to 5 weeks notice should be enough for me

I'm not free until late june, i just bought a house, and I'm busy saving for a seafari's trip through out may. I'd be keen for late june though, the later in the year the better, we have more chance of better weather.

cheers

Drew

Mayday weekend would be ok but cost will be limit for me. Regular weekend sounds better cost wise, would be happy to camp, have tarps 3m x 5m and 3m x 3m as well as a couple of tents....Couple of weeks notice would be appreciated, have plenty of camp stores if anyone is interested in camping....Cardwell has a couple of great van parks that would suit.....
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

Can somebody give me some fishing info about Lucinda Hinchinbrook and surrounding areas? As I will be there in 3 weeks

What type of fishing you looking at Toorbul? Landbased or you got a boat? if so what size boat? You after barra and jacks? or looking at hitting the reefs?

we are taking up two boats 4mtr barra boat and 5.2 half cab for offshore mainly want to chase barra crabs jacks

Mayday long weekend is no good for me. Will be kicking back at Mission Beach for the weekend. Don't know if I'll even wet a line, might just play with the kids on the beach. Naahhh, I'll be fishing somewhere.

Ron

Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

what about the queens brithday long weekend in june?
    works for me!
    cheers
    Drew

I thought about queens birthday but being a long weekend i think we`d probly have trouble getting accom. even this far out. I think just a normal weekend would be easiest. What does everyone think? I`d probly head up Friday afternoon and come home sunday or something like that. Still give us all day sat. and sunday morning to fish and wouldn`t have the crowds that are there on long weekends.

It doest bother me, I have heeps of holidays oweing to me. If it is a normal week end, I'd still more then likely take a few days off either side of the week end. I was hoping to have the M and G as soon as possible for 2 reasons, (1) going to the snow in July or August and (2) waiting sucks.

I know school holidays would suit my other two bowenite fishing partners (after7 and devocean).

Maybe everyone could list 3 or 4 week ends that suits and see if we get a match amoungst them.

I'm flex, anytime at all with a weeks notice......
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

i should be fine with say 3 weeks notice. i would most likely take a day or two either side too. Camping at Taylors Beach could be an option too - nice this time of year (cheap too). Straight across from Taylors beach boat ramp (about 300 metres) - meaning a quick trip for extra supplies (food, grog, fuel). Safe to keep boats in the water as you can see in photo below - creek side (for that quick getaway when the weather is good). Lots of shade, lots of room, nice sand, and plenty of good fishing straight off the beach (nice Flatheads last time).

Not many people camp there, because most think it's illegal (it's not) - it's just not encouraged. No facilities there - so better as a boys trip type thing. Good to have a tinny or two to be able to head down the creek fishing if weather;s not good.

Taylors beach is a quick run across to the Palms (you can see the palms clearly from camp site and also a straight run across to the Lucinda Jetty (the long one).

Of course you can also do Hinchinbrook. Camping is a bit of an advantage with people you don't know as it gives more flexibility and space - also the opportunity to relax and get to know people. You can choose what you want to do - if you just want to relax with a XXXX in a hammock while others go fishing, etc.

just another option

[img][/img]