Thread: fishing licence fee rise  $$$

fishing licence fee rise  $$$

YEEEP thats right us fishos in NSW are going to cop another gov rise of $5.00
    NSW gov announced the rise yesterday, saying this is not a revenue stream for the goverment ??? money raised from from licence fees was for saltwater and freshwater trusts.
    every year the DPI receive many applications for projects that anglers want funded. they can't fund them all so the next best thing to do is slab all the honest fishos that do the right thing that buy licences another $5 bucks to fund more projects.
    this is to take place in July

what you'll pay
    3 yrs $75
    1 yr $30
    1 month $12
    3 days $6

Re: fishing licence fee rise #$$$

That kept that quiet didn't they. All the more reason to move to Qld.

The extra money isnt for new projects mate. The original fee paid for them to buy cool new boats so that they could zoom around checking licenses. The extra 5 is to cover fuel costs. Its getting very expensive, driving flashy boats around and being pompous about licenses.

But what's the alternative? At least they are buying out the pros, albeit slowly. I hate to admit it, but they (the pro's) have forgotten more than a lot of well meaning amatuers (like me) will ever know.....ANYTHING that reduces the impact of pro fishers is worth the $$$$$$ in my opininion. Whether Fisheries are spending their revenue on this is another matter, however.......... ???

In real terms the rise is less than the CPI so actually everything else you do has risen more.It probably wouldn't hurt for some of you to get a bit more insight into the facts and find out how the money is divided up,might make you feel a bit better about paying it,but if moaning and sniveling is your thing so be it.

Thought I might get a rise out of that little comment

I'll start smiling the minute they take the first pro out of tuggerah lake. If they would direct funds from sales to local areas I think you would find people, including me, a lot happier to pay. As it is, I pay for people on lake maquarie to get better fishing. arent I nice.

And at least I am a whinger who pays

Glen

That's a good point,unfortunately more buy outs are a way off at present,the sooner that estuaries and close reefs are commercial free the better,just last night the river netters from the Tweed took 1.3 tonnes of jew from the bottom end of Pimlico Island(Richmond River) one has to wonder how much more the estuaries will take.

Nauseating isnt it. Has been maybe 20 years since a jew was taken in tuggerah lake. It was always a very delicate situation there for the Jew, didnt take much to eradicate them from Tuggerah. I have a photo of my grnadfather with a 15lb jew from the lake 50 years ago, but I doubt I will ever hold one. These days you need to be steadfast even to get one from the beach.

Who knows, maybe Tuggerahs turn wil come.

Glen