Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: VMR / Coast Guard Membership

Re: VMR / Coast Guard Membership

Mulley,

you should post your rego and a pic of your boat so the VMR can take their time if you ever call of them.

NAH... Don't do it that would only be sinking to your level

Gidday Mulley, im not sure I would call it a political tool. I do try and keep in the ear of the only people who are likely to support not only VMR and our unit, but all rescue units and volunteers in general.
    We enjoy fantastic support from the people that frequent this forum and I have a high regard and a great deal of respect for the majority of those fishing persons within here.
    This is a "targeted audience" as we are all similar in our outlook and interests. (You have a vested interest and you yourself are targeting it, you are not being honest as to what that vested interest is).
    I like learning, boating and fishing so it makes sense this is where I attempt to drum up support for those that quite frankly really need help, from those who are most likely to provide it, this is where I should come or do you perhaps recommend a breast feeding mothers chatroom or something?
    Many of the members of Ausfish have become my good friends and I have learnt a lot from them, and plan to continue doing so into the future. (If thats ok with you?).

Now, it may just be a suspicious mind, but you are the 3rd person who has attacked, not discussed issues relating to Rescue Groups. Strangely enough, it is the same day that they join as a new member on the Ausfish site and their first post is to a distant thread. (This one you would have had to search through to find as it's last post was on the 16th March after the system crash). I suspect you are a commercial operator and yes we are standing on your toes. In all honesty I actually simpathise with the commercial opperators. We SHOULD NOT be competing with the livelyhood of those in private enterprise but at the end of the day, we will do whatever we have to do to survive through lack of funding. (Is this to political for you?). If you are not a commercial opperator you are sadly someone who has a MAJOR chip on their shoulders against rescue groups or the attempts to unify these groups. What ever the case, civility and honesty will generally get a better response than the torrent of "bullsh!t" that has spewed forth from your mouth.
    Just as an aside, as volunteers, we can loose our houses and even go to jail if we make a BAD mistake through lack of training, caused through lack of funds.. but thats a whole other issue... one a little to political for you. (Unless you are a politition).
    Bay Firey, VP3, Kiktz dont let this bloke get to you, quite frankly his coments hold so little merit that they do not really warrant the effort of replying to, but in my defence, I just couldnt resist myself, I too enjoy a good stir
    Safe boating to you mulley, and what ever alias you choose to change it to next week, must go back through the posts and get Steve to check those IP addresses, could be very interesting to find out who you really are 8)
    Cheers Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    Now, it may just be a suspicious mind, but you are the 3rd person who has attacked, not discussed issues relating to Rescue Groups. Strangely enough, it is the same day that they join as a new member on the Ausfish site and their first post is to a distant thread. (This one you would have had to search through to find as it's last post was on the 16th March after the system crash). Cheers Lloyd
    good one Lloyd, thats 3 of the 4 i was referring to, didn't consider they might be commercial operaters, just thought they were clowns here to stir sh*t.
    the other one i can think of is in troys beach house thread.

Yeh DR there are some wa$K*rs out there.
    They must lack a fair bit of Tackle to hide behind a keyboard.

P.S where did maxy's post go ???
    May be would should call in the VMR to help find'em

No worrys, END OF STORY....
    Matt, how is SEATOW going anyway.... too bad you couldnt have been honest and just had a shot straight at me in stead of comming out with the indignant bullsh!t...
    Next time, hide your e-mail address, new I had seen it before, meant to look it up last time....
    LIKE I SAID, I dont want to be in competition with you, NOR SHOULD WE, perhaps a common sense approach from ALL PARTIES might save a heap of agro and bad feelings.... just like VMR and Coastguard cant think things through for the benefit of the public...
    ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR VENTURE
    Matt, to save you the embarrasment, remove your crapy posts and I will remove mine identifying you.
    CHECKMATE
    Cheers Lloyd

as a past member of victoria pt ( about 10 years ago) and more recently associate member of hervey bay vmr i agree that these guys and girls do a fantastic job ( despite a complete lack of funding) to all the vmr/avcg members out there keep up the great service you provide to the boating public [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

Without coastguard/vmrs there would be alot of people out there that might not have got home from the odd mishap out wide somewhere or even in trouble one of the many bars around. These men and women do an excellent job of looking after us when where enjoying ourselves, doing what we love. Without em that wouldnt be possible, well safely ne way. even if i wasnt charged for a tow id most certaintly donate some much needed cash to em, no questions asked.
    Cheers matt

I'm a crew member of the local VMR AND PROUD OF IT. Besides helping people in need, I am learning skills that are making me a better boatie. Skills like boat handling, coastal navigation, understanding weather / tides / sea conditions and using radios to list but a few. If that's not enough, the camaraderie I enjoy amongst the other members is great. I'm glad I joined. Just wanted to post my thoughts.

Morlers

ratsack

I am an active member of Gladstone VMR, cost me $12/year, Active members can do radio duty 1/2 day twice a year or join a boat crew where you service/check the rescue boat on Sat morn and are on call for the rest of the week for rescues. Or you can do both. Plain membership is around $55/yr. There is no charge for a tow for members. The membership also follows the member and not the boat