Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHERE IS THE FISHING PARTY ? ? ?

WHERE IS THE FISHING PARTY ? ? ?

Does anyone know what has happened to The Fishing Party? Are they still around? They seem to be very quiet these days.

Derek

Re: WHERE IS THE FISHING PARTY ? ? ?

They're still around Derek.

I don't speak for the fishing party, however am on the committee for the Hervey Bay sub-branch. Here in the Bay we're currently awaiting the outcome of the Great Sandy Straights Marine Park proposal.

To be honest I'm not fully aware what's happening in the big picture at the moment, and I was talking with our secretary yesterday about setting up a website to keep members up to date. This might possibly allready exist for TFP, I'll let you know when I find out.
    Cheers,
    Tony

By the way - I believe Kevin is away on holidays at the moment which may account for no updates on here lately.
    Cheers,
    Tony

I am not really surprised they have gone quiet on posting. There last handful of threads have not had the greatest reaction or support from certain members.

Perhaps if the ever so many complacent recreational fishers out there gave a bit more support & encouragement to the blokes putting in one hell of an effort on their behalf, things may not go quiet. [smiley=zzz.gif]

Is the Fishing Party flogging a dead horse? [smiley=end.gif]

Have you become a member yet?

Or are you content to have a bitch to your mates & do bugger all to try to overcome the many attacks & restrictions imposed on our great sport of recreational fishing?

Timber lures - just bung 'em in the water mate & hang on !!!

Too right Lou,

It's certainly high time we get our bums off the fence and do something, and it's happening all over....

Grumbling alone certainly doesn't seem to achieve much.. Just maybe a concerted effort might make a difference before fishing is just a memory... [smiley=stop.gif]
    Cheers,
    Tony

Fisher_Boats

Hi Derek,
    # # # # # We are still here, don't you worry about that!
    Geeze I sound like someone else #
    Are you ready to join and give us a hand yet?

Cheers and thanks

Col

thanks for your concern derek ,
    interesting question from someone who has been fairly critical of tfpq and generally responds to what we do in a negative way
    the north brisbane branch are meeting on sunday afternoon at the bribie island hotel at 4.00pm
    are you planning on comming??
    our membership base is slowly growing
    if anyone wants info please let me know, i can forward membership forms, and i have a limited number of stickers left
    cheers
    dazza

Hi, good to see you are all out there still.

Thanks for the offer guys but you all know my views and no I do not want to join and support a 'Political Party' although I think it has the potential to do a lot of good.

Dazza, have you ever watched "question time' of the Parliament on TV. Debate is healthy.

Cheers

Derek

hi derek,
    yes i have watched a bit of question time (geez must have been really hard up for something to do ) dunno if i would call it a debate, more like kids squabbling in a sandpit

cheers
    dazza

Na Dazza kids show more maturity.

you can do better than that derek. cheap shot??? got a reaction aye///.

No cheap shot on my part. Was a genuine interest in what the Fishing Party is doing. Been very little from them lately and not just on here.

Derek

markpeta

Im going to join up on sunday anyone else?

fishingnottake

is ther any branch down near here at palmy?