Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHERE IS THE FISHING PARTY ? ? ?

Re: WHERE IS THE FISHING PARTY ? ? ?

no worries dasher, next time something comes up in this area and I here about it, I'll get onto you. For the record, I put my hand up quite some time ago about helping organise things in this part of the world, did not hear back. With a few things on the go atm I'm not prepared to go that far anymore (at least at this stage) but will still keep my ear out.
    Cheers, Mark.

tshort

Derek I think youve got the reaction you wanted and its all been good debate too. Parties dont get anywhere being silent, unseen nor by consistantly pointing out problems instead of comming up with solutions as we have seen for the last 10 years. Maybe better TFP starts off a bit slower than the last boom and bust party which was always in the media for all the wrong reasons. Somewhere in my fuzzy memory banks I recall one economics lesson where the % of voters was broken down into the various categories and I think it came out that about 5% actually knew why they chose their vote. No doubt 100% of us believe we are one of those 5%.

Glind

If you want to become involved, approach the local party people such as Dasher in Hervey Bay, or Dazza at the North Brisbane branch or KC up north and tell them what you can do to help them. Believe it or not, they are trying to do the right thing and if you think you can improve on things, and there is always plenty of room for improvement, then offer to help. They too cannot look into a crystal ball and know what the members want. Also the people who actually do the business for the Fishing Party are normal people who have businesses to run, families to nurture, kids to take to soccer, a life to live....and are not seasoned politicians with unlimited resources and expense accounts. Fair go all of the baggers out there, if you think you can do better, then have a crack at it.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Derek - Camp Oven Cook
    Daryl

Membership cards and newsletters are a waste of money mate for a new organisation. #Get someone to set up a template and send it all out on email. #Genuine people wont care about a membership card. #The postage alone will be huge.

Why not look at a membership badge that members can purchase. #It can be costed so that part of the payment goes back to the Fishing Party for additional funds.

Cheers

Derek
    Hmm it's seems I was too subtle Derek, I wasn't looking to pay for the cards or newsletter mate. I was hoping someone would donate their services.

Like the idea of the badges though. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Interesting thread. Having been away in the wilds of cape york for nearly 5 weeks it is good to see other party guys like Col and Dasher carry the flag. James makes some fair comments. We could certainly communicate better but like everything it takes time and money, both of which are in short supply.

We have, as an organisation, been blessed with a communication tool like this site. Most of what we do and have done has been posted here. Communication with ministers, submissions on issues like Arlington Reef and the GSS have all been posted and we regularly have stories and updates in QFM, Bush & Beach, NQ Fish & Boat, Modern Fishing, Blue Water...........what we don't have is a full member data base of email adresses nor the financial ability to do a mailout to 1000 plus members....(pity).

We are just 1 year on and really have achieved some significant results but to date it has been done on the back of a few prepared to actually do some work and even fewer prepared to pay for it. Anyone who wants to put their hand up to get involved at a practical level would be welcomed with open arms.

Likewise anyone who has ever communicated with me privately will have had a prompt and informative response.

I certainly take James point and those of any others that think we could do a better job....clearly we could....but within the mix of shared responsibility, being a member does not stop at the mailing of a cheque for $22 and then expecting everything to just happen. The party is not "me"...it is "you".

If "you" want more...get involved....I could provide the info for a newsletter in less than an hour if someone else could spare the time to compile and edit it.

Regards

KC

PS : The fishing was SENSATIONAL!!

Welcome back KC.

Derek

Thanks mate,

good to be home...mind you, it wasn't real bad being away either!!

KC

The Victorians have jumped your gun Qld fishing partyers
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1117767003

anyway kev, enough of the politics, we wanna see pictures mate. Cmon, let loose mate, full report and all

Ok I don't know a carrot about how TFP is organised I didn't realise that the different states were independent and newsletters would be generated when or if someone decided to write about the effort they have done, Is there not a central website with downloadable newsletters? I would have thought that if people are doing work for the fishing party then its important that they document what they are doing if its to have maximum effect.

A newsletter should be available as a download and even better also as a simple html document on the server.
    If there is info that can simply be dropped into a document for an initial newsletter then I'll stick it together. Might not be pretty and I'll just do the first one for the moment but if thats all you need then toss it my way. I should be able to do a pdf and assuming you have email addresses for a mass mailout you can just send out the link to where the document is held. I won't spend extensive time on it but it can't be too hard.
    cheers BB

keen_as_mustard

KC,

One good turn deserves another - so if you really want to do a newsletter contact me (I am a fully employed graphic artist with a Journalism degree). Although I don't have heaps of time (new baby and a full and part-time job) I will find time to help the Fishing Party out - as KC said, it is my Party too!

This is a serious offer, so let me know what you have in mind and I'm sure we can organise something.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko
    I'm another whose paid $22.00 to a voluntary organisation doing their bit to put in a voice for my chosen past time.

All I got as well was cheaply printed cut out bit of light cardboard.

(Next time feel free to just scribble my number on the back of a post it note or something and save a little extra money, or better still wizz it on an email and it will cost nothing # )
    Thanks dicko, we'll do that if you give us your email addy mate. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Just a big thank you to those that have have come on board an decided to help the cause. Without sounding pushy, I'd just like to remind all fishos we need solidarity to get our way. ???

Hi Marty,

Great offer thankyou. Please email me direct. Dasher & I are working already on rough content but someone with the skills to put it together would be invaluable.

My email is kc@whitsunday.net.au

Regards

KC

Way to go Marty! Good man!

I have a new baby at home too - the little bundles of love sure do demand time hey? (time well spent I might add even if it does cut down on fishing)
    Cheers,
    Tony