Thread: Blood Worm ...Soft Plastic imitator

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blood Worm ...Soft Plastic imitator

Is there a soft plastic that resembles a blood worm for catching whiting? If so, has anyone had success in catching summer whiting with them.

Would you have the hook come out the top or bottom like most other plastics or just thread it all the through and come out the tail? I assume it would have to come out in the middle so you get some wriggle action on the tail happening.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I would love to catch some whiting in this way.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Re: Blood Worm ...Soft Plastic imitator

Berkley gulp do them. My mate had tried them a few times for no luck but that could just be him!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have tried them on both summer and winter whiting. Far more success on the winteries. Best effort on the summer whiting was up in Pumicestone Passage. With yabbies on one line and the Gulp worm on another, the yabbies outfished the worms about 4 to 1.

cheers

Jeff

Very effective on sea toads. Can't say more than that yet.

G'day, Gruntahunta. Just got back from a week fishing around Surfers, using the (new) Maryuku Isome SP worms. Waste of time as even the toads wouldn't touch 'em!
    I have however, had a lot of success down here in Mexico on KG whiting, using Gulp 3" fry and Turtleback worms - both in the green and 'poo' colours.
    I reckon they'd also work well on the whiting up there. Didn't bother to take them up as I really wanted to believe the hype surrounding the Maryukus.
    I fish the Gulp down here on a long shanked No 6 or 4 hook, and bring it out about 1/2 way down the worm - pretty much guarantees a hookup.
    Good luck - it will be interesting to see your results.
    Rob.

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys....now all I need is the time.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Ive used the blood worm imitations heaps and have not caught one single whitting on them.. still cant believe it, caught quite a few flatties on them though...My fav is still a weightless yabbie (wish it was a plastic though)
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!