Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do For A Living And What Area Are You

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING AND WHAT AREA ARE

HI All,

My real name is Scott. I'm a Skipper with a Master 4, currently driving the Citycats on the river after spending the last 12 years based in Cairns. Got sick of punching home into 20-30 knot southeasters . It never gets rough on the river
    Regards Richo

Morning all, Mark here,

I am a Property Valuer by trade and work for an international company in Brisbane. Works a bit quite now so it gives me more time to fish during the week.

I live in Bracken Ridge and regularly fish the Pine River and inside Moreton.

Cheers

Hey there!!! I'm a soldier also but my trade in the army is a sparky . i'm based at Enoggera also (hey SharkBait ), but i live out at 8 Mile Plains. New to Qld so looking for fishing buddies. I have a little ol' 14ft runabout with a 70 on the back so i can get out to the Islands weather permitting. Tight Lines!!! 8)

Paul

for those that dont know me im scotty

i work at the new convention centre on the gold coast ( 12 months old this weekend) as the purchasing manager
    the home of the boat show coming up soon and the footy show on the 30th

i also work on getting as many freebies as possible off the reps( box seats at the footy, carporate seats at the footy show)

anyone wants a back of house tour let me know

scotty

Hi

Now live in Toronto, Canada formerly from Brissie/Gold Coast until 2002. Have had to adapt to the freshwater stuff over here which has been interesting and hopefully made me a better fisherman (I'm not sure yet?) Work for the biggest steel tube manufacturer in the world in sales. Mostly make stuff that goes into those gas guzzling pick up trucks that outsell everything over here 2:1 and other cars. Not a bad gig out here but do miss those billies and the scream of my TLD when chasing Wahoo. Traded those for a #4 weight fly rod and the elusive Browns hiding in the local rivers that are just as challenging and somehwhat less co-operative most days. Still visit this site almost daily as I haven't found an equivalent anywhere in the world. Fantastic source of info here and none of the ego crap to deal with plus that fact that most if not all of us here know the value of conservation and sustainable fishing which is wonderful.

redspeckle

I am a Depot/Field Supervisor looking after Heavy Duty Mecano set with peoples lives riding on (it you get it wrong [smiley=oops.gif]put peoples lives & freight in danger consquence's & piss off lot people going to work in peak hour)
    Means work for QR (Queensland Rail) in Birsbane Suburban Network my area is Roma St to Cleveland + Fishermans Island ( Duel gauge line from Dutton Park to Port of Brisbane)
    Also relive on the South coast line (Gold Coast Line) to Kuraby
    So we are one of depermants does work in QR
    The track maintance work doen'st get done train just don't run at all proplery ( be like N.S.W rail network a disaster)
    I work all types hours , work weekends work on and being in charge like on track up grades & Track mainatance shutdowns
    i have been with them for 17 yrs now last 7 in Brisbane work up in the coal fields before that track up grades & new line into mines
    i live at Birkdale(Redlands Bayside) handy to work and doing called outs on Cleveland +Fish Island lines
    Mitch

freddyfish

Brad here

I'm a landscaper from Aspley. Fishing the Pine River mostly(nice and close)
    Go to Moreton 2 times a year to fish the beach.

Cheers.

Hi All
    Damien here and I reside in the sunny tropics of Townsville(cold winters day here around 20 degrees for all you southerners information)
    I haved worked at James Cook University as the Graduate Employment Officer for the last 5 years. I work with students and employers in the hope that they will gain employment on completion of their degree. Can't speak highly enough of the valuable information I have come across on this site and the laughs I have had.
    The mullet

finga64

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait
    Hey Guys!
    Norm here - 33yo and I am a soldier, live at Bracken Ridge work at Enoggera. Dont think you guys will have much call for my line of work, however I am good to go for a BBQ fishing trip!
    Cheers
    You never know!! I had some bad payers when I was working. You may have been very usefull

daniel here

own a book shop here at caloundra [smiley=lost.gif]
    and what a place to live 8)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

G'day all. Dave here.
    I manage community support organisations - Frail, Elderly and Disabled. In between projects at the moment. With all of this talent among the Ausfish fraternity maybe we could all get together one weekend like the JW's do and build a bloody great Ark for for us all!
    Great to be able to talk to you all and to learn from so much combined experience.
    This site keeps me sane

Dave

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

I forgot to mention that I am in Rockhampton 8)

Dave

hey...im 28 yr old admin worker at a hospital and just last weekend i got my first mackerel on a soft plastic....very stoked 8)

Hi, I live now in Guangzhou, China, work as Engineering Manager in a big ice cream plant, I have a big ammonia refrigeration system here, plant in the middle of the city, dangerous situation.

Fish locally in dams and lakes, salt water on holidays.

Hi guys Gary here fishing is my game (forced retirement) bloody no money but im alive and kick-in write for Bush n Beach live at Evans Head on the sunny North Coast of NSW
    can't think of a better place to live and fish
    cheers squidgie