Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do For A Living And What Area Are You

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING AND WHAT AREA ARE

Like Rando - I also give out money for a living (home loans etc). I look after those clients who don't have enough time to look after their own money. I am only allowed to do loan deals of more than 500K though

As you may have guessed, my name is Rob - I live in St Lucia and fish anywhere from Caloundra to the Broadwater - Estuary generally. If anyone needs that sort of coin, let me know [smiley=greedy.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I am 29 yo and live at Caboolture. I have been a Bottleshop Manager for over 3 years. Started working in the Bottleshop on September 11, 2001 (Plane crash day in the USA). Always keen to go fishing offshore like the Barwon Banks so if anyone ever needs a deckie let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by bay_firey
    G'day All

I manage a Hardware Store in Rockhampton for the Largest Privately Owned Hardware Group in Regional Queensland, supply the trade mainly.

We have got hardware stores/ frame and truss plants and sawmill from Maryborough in the south to Cairns in the North and soon to be in The big smoke too

Mark have you had a chance to check out the local fishing mate. ??? ??? ???

scientist.. and I work on a protein called DICER. Used to live in Kenmore, St Lucia, + Indooroopilly when I was younger. SA for a while also. All saltwater fishing. Now live in Holland (~ 3yrs) work at a 500 yr old university, and now being converted to zoetwater. Adam.

Ben_Gray

Gday all, this is a good string to read.

Im Ben, currently I am a full-time student and a part-time security guard. Up until 6 months ago I was in the army for 5 years, as a map maker/terrain analyst/ and a basic trained field engineer, thats also where I got the nickname grayman. In another 3.5 years I will be a school teacher. I also do some casual landscape labouring.

Ben_Gray

im in chermside

markpeta

Mark here from Bribie Island. Work for myself bought a Jims Irrigation francise about 18 months ago building it up slowly work about 15 days of the month. Supply and install irrigation, garden lighting, water features, rain water tanks, pumps and storm water drainage.

Mark

I work on a banana farm for half the year and tully suger mill the other half.I live at Sth mission beach NQ and fish the rivers and the islands arond here.

Hi I'm from Toowoomba and I work for Austral Brick Co. and fish the local dams in the south east.

I am a scientist also. Another scientist - who'd have thought it DICER! (RNA cleavage man)

I work in cancer research at Qld Inst Medical Research at Herston in Brisbane and live in Windsor. My work is mainly to do with the underlying causes of cancer, rather than specifically looking for cures.

Have a 4.5m C console tinny and fish everywhere from 20 km off Mooloolaba to Pumicestone passage and Jumpinpin.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

bidkev

Hi,

Live in Bracken Ridge since whingeing on over from UK 10 yrs ago. Ex Infantry, ex Royal Marine.

Civvy jobs......milko, Bussie, Pub manager, labourer, security, pro bait digger and set liner, film planner, crewman (UK charter) Pro photographer and on and on.......never settled until I started working with kids as Adventure Training Instructor (Mountain Leader). Now on home duties currently fostering 2, and caring for my own two littlies one of whom is autistic. Have 3 grown boys in the UK forces and the deckie (now clinical nurse) is ex navy Fleet Air Arm so is bloody good crewman ;-)

Drive a 6.1m Quintrex Challenger, mainly in the Bay and around Jumpinpin

Currently engaged on capturing vermin for the deckie's scientific research ;-)

cheers

kev (The Verminator)

G'day I'm a plant operator at Callide Mine(dozers,loaders,haul trucks etc).Live in Biloela, love me creek and dam fishin,currently sittin around waiting for delivery of my new tinny(been 8 weeks so far).cheers-Kingo.

Im from Briasbane, Inner North side ... and Im a drug dealer!

Should probably clear that up, as in I am a Sales / Business Manager for a big pharmaceutical company.

I fish lots of different places around SE QLD, been frequenting the mouth of the Brissy River lately, and arround Mud Is.

I'm a marine biologist and currently live in Buderim. Originally worked as a fishing guide in the NT and followed that with 8 years in the international office of James Cook University - promoting marine science in various parts of the world.

Currently working at University of the Sunshine Coast in Admin - I do miss Townsville

Peter R

Quote Originally Posted by Grayman
    Gday all, this is a good string to read.

Im Ben, currently I am a full-time student and a part-time security guard. Up until 6 months ago I was in the army for 5 years, as a map maker/terrain analyst/ and a basic trained field engineer, thats also where I got the nickname grayman. In another 3.5 years I will be a school teacher. I also do some casual landscape labouring.
    DONT DO IT BEN!!!! Find yourself a respectable career!

I was born, bred and still live on the Southside of Brisbane. I have only ever had one PAID full time job in my life- I am a teacher! YOU FELLAS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!
    Of course I am also a DOMESTIC GODDESS #[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

Being a teacher has its positives though- like all the holidays! However, that can be a drawback too, as my deckie has a "normal" job and isn't keen on me going out fishing without him ??? ???

One day, I want to get a real job like;
    a) a deckie on a game fish charter!! #
    b)Richo's#job of driving a City Cat sounds like a FABULOUS career! Except you couldnt fish when you want to!! (Sort of like working in a cake shop and being on a diet!!!)
    c) If I won lotto, I would move to Agnes Water and buy one of those charter boats, so I could go fishing every day!!! #
    d) I did at one stage want to drive the big red barge to Straddie, but my deckie pointed out that it would only be fun for a week or two.........