Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do For A Living And What Area Are You

Professional fishing rod builder and tackle manufacturer. Design and build rods for America and Europe, along with many other countries. Been doing it to long and rely need a change. Any jobs going.

Stuart Mackenzie
    Precision Rods

Quote Originally Posted by fishel View Post
    Hi all, I am a massage therapist and I live at East Greenmount near Toowoomba. Apart from massaging, help other half sometimes when he needs second pair of hands, I sometimes do some painting, and since my husband is a carpenter who works for himself and tends to quote too cheap, I try to organize things so we make some money (I get the last influence on the price because I type the quotes up!).HEE HEE. I mean, we have to make enough money to be able to afford fishing! I am sure you all understand that.

If any nice person wants to take me fishing you could score a massage (en route, of course, so as not to waste time which could be spent fishing). But, sorry to be fussy, prefer a canopy so I don't burn.

Eleanor
    Perhaps we could reciprocate seeing as I am also a qualified Massage Therapist. Didn't want to let that get around though because I know a few other members who may start putting their names on a list and line up for massages.

Poodroo

Name's Nathan, Iam a foreman at a Tint shop, we do cars and houses,we also do windscreens, and looking to guide on weekends if all goes well.
    I live in Coolum. I love Barra fishing up at billo and chaseing the jacks around the coast, I also go to Tassie every two year to trout fish its a+

Cheers TT

Telecomms tech from Kippa-Ring.
    Also really good at recieving massages.

Cheers
    Stu

P.S. go team Allison
    Last edited by Blueroo; 24-01-2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: grammatical error woops.

Hi All,
    names Warren I live on the Sunshine Coast and work (well they call it work) for a tackle company doing product testing.

Cheers Warren

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbite View Post
    Hi All,
    names Warren I live on the Sunshine Coast and work (well they call it work) for a tackle company doing product testing.

Cheers Warren
    well some of us have the life --- any work going?
    " Put a beer in one hand and a rod in the other and We're in Heaven! "

Hey guys and gals.
    I'm a dental tech by trade. Off work currently due to ill health. I am the house body here at the moment as my gorgeous wife is the one out toilling for the 'man/woman' and bringin' home the bacon.
    (I am always on the lookout for a few extra$ to be made from home, could build some rods for you Stuart or maybe even take over your distribution network?)
    I am in Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbite View Post
    Hi All,

Cheers Warren
    Heck Spiderbite; does your company need a full time tester in the fishing capital of Queensland - Cairns (please, pretty please huh)??

Dream job mate, well done - one seriously 'green with envy' Ausfish member here
    Last edited by Synful; 25-01-2007 at 11:01 AM.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Howdy , Im a bricklayer by trade and Ive recently decided to get my contractors licence and start my own business. I do a lot of work at the moment so in about 6months will be working for myself fulltime hopefully. Be careful and check that your tradesman is licensed.
    Gold Coast , Queensland. Paradise!

Thumbs up Hervey Bay nah Mackay is better

Quote Originally Posted by lee8sec View Post
    have excavator, backhoe, bobcat,front end loader & forklift tickets.

Looking at selling up down here and moving to sunshine coast / Nth Brissy area in the next 12 months. Not a good time to sell, price wise and hard to find a rental up there while i look around for a place to buy. See how it all goes. Hervey bay was looking good but i dont think the pay rates match the real estate prices.
    Lee8sec

Should do what I did, move to where the barra are and work at the mines

Quote Originally Posted by Barraless View Post
    Lee8sec

Should do what I did, move to where the barra are and work at the mines
    Have been thinking about doing that, dont know about the heat in summer though. Would possably do it for a couple of years. Is there still plenty of work ? Leigh

i go to school and i live in howard springs n.t{barra country}

Hi,

I'm a Designer / Engineer for a Civil and Structural Engineering Consulting Firm in Birmingham Alabama. I live in Dora about 25 miles West/Northwest of the city. Been doing it for 12 years now. Its just a short drive for me to get to over a half dozen of the best bass fishing lakes in the Southeast U.S., not that I get to go as much as I would like too.

If any of you get a chance to come over here to the Birmingham area give me a shout, I'll be more than happy to show you around. May even be able to sneak in a fishing trip.

Stumpy

Lee

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lee8sec View Post
    Have been thinking about doing that, dont know about the heat in summer though. Would possably do it for a couple of years. Is there still plenty of work ? Leigh
    Yep still plenty of work around, although you usually have to know people to get in. I don't really know anyone but I have a list of numbers that I annoyed to get myself in. I always said I will do it for only five years only but now I won't leave, I love it. If you decide send me an pm

Cheers Matt.B.

G'Day All,

Am the Marketing Director for Electronic Arts - world's biggest video game company. We make all the (best!) games for PS2, PS3, XBOX, PSP, PC, Nintendo etc etc.

Am based here on the Gold Coast - but travel a lot. So if you want the lowdown on the best games going around.... drop me a note!

bg