Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do For A Living And What Area Are You

Kia'Ora Tennacoto Katua.... Howdy Dudey & Gidday Cobbers....
    Names Tom, Based in Stanmore Bay... (Tomsta) Auckland, NZ Godzone.... Home of the long white cloud, rugby..... and green green grass.
    I'm a jack of all trades and master of none.... currently running a warehouse for a large electronics factory in Albany (Sorry, It's not Navman).

Have a Boat and keen-as to take anyone of you mad OZ buggers out on a days mission anytime you cross the ditch..... Target species is normally True Snapper (not than thing you call a snapper over there) and Yellow tail Kingfish..... You would need to have a sense of Humor, promise not to talk about Cricket or have the ability to swim long distance...

Some of my best mates have moved to your Great land (not more Kiwi's I hear ya groan)..... never fear though I'm slowly getting motivated to make the move with the family too..... A part from the Heat, The lack of Fish, jobs and the Number of OZ's I hear it's a mighty fine land to be....

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Hey Guys!
    Norm here - 33yo and I am a soldier, live at Bracken Ridge work at Enoggera. Dont think you guys will have much call for my line of work, however I am good to go for a BBQ fishing trip!
    Cheers

Hey there Norm,

My other half works in the prisons but used to be a tank commander in the army- what do you do with yourself in there?

Tahnks
    Nic - The Hooded Warriors
    " Put a beer in one hand and a rod in the other and We're in Heaven! "

Lightbulb

BY THE WAY TO ALL AUSFISHERS IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF OR KNOW OF SOMEBODY IN NEED OF A ADMIN WIZ PLEASE PM ME WITH SOME DETAILS. CURRENTLY SEEKING WORK IN BRISBANE/IPSWICH/TOOWOOMBA AREAS.

HAPPY TO TRAVEL, HAVE 5 YEARS+ ADMIN EXPERIENCE & REAL ESTATE SALES PERSON'S CERTIFICATE

" Put a beer in one hand and a rod in the other and We're in Heaven! "

Hi All
    I must be honest and tell you I gave notice at my old job last week but AM LOOKING for a new one. I worked at DHL EXPRESS which is an International Freight company based at the old airport terminal.
    Currently doing my Customs Brokers Course and hope to sit the National Exam May next year.
    Apart from that guys I just want to sit back for a couple more weeks, maybe do a spot of fishing and then find some thing that pays well enough so I can keep doing more fishing.//

And Pete sorry for this but do you find yourself in the s*******t sometimes. Sorry just had the thought when i was reading your post.

Ronnie h

Hi from the tweed

Gidday, Roydsy here from Casuarina NSW (in the Tweed shire and lovin it).

Come from Nth NSW, Brewarrina initially, then went to Roma, QLD, then spent some time in Brisbane reluctantly studying all sorts of stuff at Uni. I now drive to work in Southport QLD each day and work for Griffith Uni as a Multimedia Developer.

I love my freshwater fishing and aim to get my first barra this year (2007) at Awoonga.

cheers
    Roydsy
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

I am a mine surveyor at the BHP coal mine Goonyella Riverside

G'day
    Most of you will know me.

I own and operate two businesses, One with i-commerce and network distribution, put togeather to give people a residual income.

and the second, Precision Detailing, which is an automotive and marine professional mobile detailing service.

Southside of brisbane

Dave

Sorry forgot to put all my details down. I am Matt I work as a mine surveyor in the bowen basin (Moranbah 2 hours west of Mackay). apart from fishing as a kid I am a newbie. Which probably explains the 10,000 questions I tend to ask.

Hi to all, I'm a T/Q fitter and turner/machinist and currently working in the mines as part of a field machining crew. Lots of travelling as I live in Shailer Park. Not a lot of spare time for fishing atm.

Mike

i own and run a beam trawler on the brisbane river,been doing the same job for 13 years and stiil like it,i live in hemmant.

Hi
    I am a Station Manager for CityRail on the Eastern Suburbs line of Sydney, but I live in the Wollongong area.

Hi Peoples. I work for Rio Tinto at their Gladstone Alumina refinery. I work as a wharfy and i unload their Bauxite ships with a 50 ton grab and also load Alumina onto out going ships. I have one of the best offices around as i overlook the narrows and surrounding islands.
    Just a bit hard to take when the weather is great and watch the boats heading out for a fish . I own a 6m glass swift craft explorer with a 150hp 4 stroke Yamaha . I love my fishing .

Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by DaneCross View Post
    Spoken like a true used car salesman NEWBY
    I'm a 'funding support officer' at the Beenleigh PCYC (I write funding applications). flattyfinder, I must live just around the corner from you
    Well I live so close to you DaneCross that my daughter goes to the Beenleigh PCYC to do her Gymnastics.
    Now about what I do for a living, I am technically a field rep and service K-Mart, Target, Big W, and Rebel Sport stores. The company I work for specializes in assembling and repairing just about anything to Australian safety standards. My speciality is Bicycles and health equipment.

Poodroo

Gidday all, I'm Chris, and I work for the AFP ( Protective Service) at Brisbane Airport.
    Prior to that I spent 14 years with the army based at Enoggera, amongs't other things .

Work is something I do in between fishing trips.

Chris

Hi, I used to go to sea, now ashore looking after my 4 children during the week, and training and assessing for boat licences on weekends.

Steve

Hey Woodsy

I used to be a regular visitor to South Trees, back in the late 80's on the ANL river boats, and in the 90's on the Alltrans.
    We used to live, breathe and eat alumina, it would come thru the A/C, nasty stuff.
    Last edited by seatime; 24-01-2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: forgot occupation