Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do For A Living And What Area Are You

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING AND WHAT AREA ARE

hi all
    col here imm down on the south coast of nsw(shellharbour)not many of us from around this area is there.l
    i work for blue scope and my job discription is very simalar to homer simpsons.another way of discribing it would be to say we are like coiled springs ready to leap into action when the plant goes pear shaped.
    am obsessed with jewfish at the moment and putting in alot of time for minimum results.
    cheers col

Hi all, Im Kendall,
    Yet another does seismic work. Difference is I work on water. Have worked over half the globe and soon to go to Gulf of Mexico and Canada. With 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off there is heaps of time for fishing in my recently pieced together DeHavilland center console with a 60HP Yamaha.
    Ex Navy, Ex medical service technician, and a few other Ex things along the way.
    Love my fishing and being on the water

i work for springwood marine as a boat salesman, and are happy to help any members of ausfish the best i can on service and sales, fishing is my passion so i figure why not work with boats. any fisherman looking for work sould give it a go call me for any help or advise ask for wayne.

Arvo Jason here. First post - you lot certainly cover some ground.

Am a mining engineer in underground coal in the bowen basin. Emerald based. First 20 yrs down Inverell way in the fresh water - some decent dams and rivers full of natives. Now having a bit of a go at the saltwater stuff. lots to learn.

Welcome Jason. Lotta fun around these parts [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by kratzy
    adam is my name and i sell plasterboard in hervey bay. so if anyone needs cheap plasterboard ypu only have to ask
    Adam do you ever get to the Sportsmans club. ???

Hi All,

My name is Dominic and fish out of the Gold Coast. Keep the boat on the canals of the Gold Coast though live in Brisbane. Work up here as a Stockbroker with a firm in town. ABN AMRO Morgans.

Go absolutely insane in the office without a weekend fix of offshore fishing.

If anyone needs help with the stockmarket, give me yell.

All the best

Dominic
    "Reef Hustler" - Seafarer Victory 6.0m & 225hp Honda

westie

Hey Jason ....coming out your way ( EMERALD )for the sons B/Day this weekend leave coast 10am 29th give me a PM

krtazy

dasher i do go to the sportsmans club mate we hold our monthly meetings for our game fishing club at the sporties. what sort of fishing do you do in the bay mate

Quote Originally Posted by kratzy
    dasher i do go to the sportsmans club mate we hold our monthly meetings for our game fishing club at the sporties. what sort of fishing do you do in the bay mate
    Anything I get the chance to do Adam. What Gamefishing club???? We usually have a quite social drink of a Friday night mate [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Mean't to say, if ya looking for me ask the staff for Daryl or Fayes brother. >

Hi all, Brian is my name, I live at Tweed Heads and fish the Tweed and freshwater dams. Just getting interested in s/p's at the moment.Fish out of a Blue Fin side console.Try to get away once a year on guided Barra trips.Work for large electricity authority as a linesman climbing poles all day. We get to work in some great country and work on the beachfront a lot. Also having every second Monday off helps.

Needmorerum

Quote Originally Posted by harry_h01
    Hi All,

Terry here. I'm a Six Sigma Black Belt (Business Improvement Manager) working for Comalco. Previously in the Airforce for 14 years as an Airframe Engine fitter.

Currently shore based in Gladstone, but working on getting out of the river mouth if I can convince she who holds the cheque book to part with some money.

Cheers
    Well you've made that sound good Terry haven't you. You can join Snappa I think. One of them jobs where you show up when you want and they pay you for it. Ha Ha.

Good to see you've joined the group,

Corry

PS. How did you go with you fishing the other week? PM Me.

Work for a major civil construction supply company,obviously supplying the construction industry with geotextiles,geogrids,erosion control products,soil reinforcement,saftey/silt fences,gabions/rock mattresses etc,etc,etc I see we have a few landscapers amongst us and civil contractors feel free to contact me,let me know ou are an Ausfish member 07 3890 3188.In Brisbane......

Brisbane based. Engineer (oil & gas)......basically make holes in the earth to get the go juice to power boats, (among other things)!!!!...........pays for my boating & fishing habit