Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeeeehaa! was:Got It! was : Would You Believe It!

bidkev

Yeeeehaa! was:Got It! was : Would You Believe It!

Thanks everyone for the serious suggestions, the sympathy, the light-hearted wise-cracks, the compliments on the house and pool, and the "mateship". This is a cracking website is it not?

The server's mail has been down for 3 days and the web for 36hrs and today I've switched to broadband. The speed with which my mail and your responses loaded is phenomenal compared to the old dial-up. It is also pretty frightening as I now have over 300 e-mails and all your responses to answer. rather than go into individual responses I'l tell you what's happened..............I'VE BOUGHT THE BUGGER SO SOD 'EM!

I signed up and got as much for the catmobile in trade in as I paid for it. I only asked them a trade-in price to see what they would offer. I was then gonna stick a couple of grand on it and try sell it privately but their offer was break even so I've had the run of her for a couple of years for free. I'll miss the old gal

Not named the new gal.....that's the deckie's perogative but we've had her on the drive and the draw bar comes 1 metre over the boundary line.

Went to the council and spoke to a nice chap who basically said, "look mate, yes it's illegal but it isn't interfering with anyone and you've grassed over 5 metres of nature strip for us so we ain't gonna come gunning for you.......that is unless some whingeing busybody lodges a complaint." We're not saying you can do it, but if it was me I'd go for it"

We'll I've gone for it

If there ever was an objection we would remove the rockery and make a flat and sit her diagonal.

It'll be a few weeks to delivery as there's some detailing and transfer of electrics from kingtin to be done. The storm covers are having a zippable hatch inserted and also a full weather cover is being made. One more *major* hurdle
    Tha paj only pulls one and a half ton and Sea Legend goes 2 so the retailer is storing till we get another vehicle and then that will need the elec/hydraulic brakes sorting.

Donkwise we went for the Mercruiser 4.3MPI 220horse.

Wet trial on Friday arvo and if that's ok (no doubts about that), it's a done deal.

I can't believe the deckie is so taken with it.......Jeeeez I love her [smiley=love.gif] [smiley=smitten.gif] [smiley=iloveyou.gif]

Will post some pics when the rig's home

cheers

kev.....(wetting himself)

Re:  Yeeeehaa! was:Got It! was : Would You Be

congrats on gettin the new rig
    i bet your over the moon
    cheers dale

Good on ya Kev.
    This is something for your whole family to enjoy. What the hell is money for if it's not to make 'em all happy. Get stuck into those catties and big shovelies mate.
    This rig will take some of the pounding out of the old back too, I think.

GES

Well done Kev you will not be sorry with that boat I can tell you. Mossy
    Cheers Mossy
    Fishntales of Hervey Bay and Fraser Island
    Call Sign Fishntales VHF Ch 73 & 22
    5M Savage Cobia Centre Console

David_P

Sounds like a nice boat Kev. If interested I have an old (1989)Maverick 4.2 litre petrol wagon for sale, $7500. Can also source a brake kit to suit the sens-a-brakes if needed.

Dave.

Good onya Kev, you are going to do what you do well. Congrats to you and the deckie.
    Graeme

Congratulations Kev, looking forward to fresh reports across the board.
    Rando

Plant a tree or something on the nature strip and the drawbar will be protected.
    Onya Kev, but doesn't this mean you're now too classy for camping at the bedrooms and you'll have to moor at Wavebreak island with the rest of the champagne brigade

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Congrats to you and your wife Kev. You have damn good reason to love her I reckon . A loving wife, beautiful home and gardens, kids, and now the big unit. You must have a direct line to God!

Cheers mate and goodonya

Dave

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: #Yeeeehaa! was:Got It! was : Would You Be

your deckie must be up to something ....

how much guilt is a Whittley worth #

I would love to own a Whittley Kev & I'm only halfway to the age bracket - - now you'll need to accessorize - one of those fancy Stainless BBQs, a silly skippers hat & oh yes a wine cooler ... #

what'll the lady's name be?

chris

Good on ya Kev,
    let us know when you think of a name for the new rig and me and the
    missus will keep an eye out for you out on the bay.
    Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!!!
    YIP YAH
    Regards
    Steve

ahjayem

Congratulations Kev!! and the missus too!! Has she got a spare sister?

Also great to see the Council has a dose of the "sensibles" too.

Tight lines RJM

I will say good onya too. Just to get this back on the 1st page after dickwit bigjews banished all the recent posts to older pages

gogecko

Well done Kingtin. Nice to see you got to the right person in the council, and commonsense prevailed.

Great Show, All the best Kevy.
    MAke sure you lay plenty of hugs and kisses on the Missus.

all the best

Aj