Thread: A Good Story

BAIT_MAN

A Good Story

Greetings one and all

Owning a Bait & Tackle Shop is a great thing as you get to hear a lot of good stories from fisherman about their days on the water. With this in mind I got told a good story on Friday that would have to take the all time prize. Steve, Alex & frank aboard Real Affaire 2 were fishing outside Morton Island it was a great day when all of a sudden the water went into a boil with bait fish going every where so Steve bolted from the fly bridge and got out the 9/0 penns through on a hex head lure and proceeded to feed the line out the back. Now lines are set and Steve returns to the fly bridge and waits. No sooner had Steve returned to the bridge and one off the line took off with the ratchet screaming. Frank took control of the rod and proceeded to hall in the fish. As frank was reeling in the other line went off and Alex took control of that rod. About 60sec into the fight both Alex & Frank drop the fish and their was some choose words spoken about the loss as well as Steve up on the fly bridge telling his deckies that they were good for nothing and couldn’t catch fish. So the lines went again and no sooner had Alex set the drag and his line was off again and the same thing happened again he lost the fish meanwhile Steve is not happy about the situation at the loss of 3 good fish. Alex then decides to bring in the lure to have a look at it. Once onboard they find the problem. Alex then holds the lure up to the bridge and said to Steve this wont work with the plastic covers on the hooks. Yes that right Steve in his hast to get the lures out forgot to take the covers of the hooks. He said to me later that he felt so small and to make things he had given his boys some lip and it was not their doing. Anyway on a better note they removed the covers and had some fun with what turned out to be tuna.

Tight Lines
    Shane

searaider

Re: A Good Story

Geday BAIT_MAN (Shane ),
    Welcome to the site .

Where about's is your store , if your handy I might look you up for my bait .

I'm from the North side of Brisbane .

Peter
    Searaider 2

krtazy

i bet ha felt very small lol

Hehehe.

The ultimate in 'catch and release' stories!

SquareBear

Doesn't hurt the fish that way too.
    Would make you wonder what the fish were thinking!

Welcome Bait man, may the stories keep coming.

Angla

BAIT_MAN

Hi Searaider 2

Mate would love to tell you the location of my store but under the rules of this forum i can not tell you as it would be deamed as advertising.

Tight lines
    Shane