Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CONDOLENSCES & HEART FELT SYMPATHY

CONDOLENSCES & HEART FELT SYMPATHY

To anyone who has been touched by the week-end road tragedy which claimed the 4 young lives here in Townsville. Our daughter is amongst the many school kids who are struglling to come to grips with this tragic loss of life whilst still coping with their QCS exams.

OUR SINCERE AND HEARTFELT CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO YOU ALL.

This includes the emergency personel who performed the heart wrenching job of bdy and victim recovery and ID.
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

Re: CONDOLENSCES & HEART FELT SYMPATHY

I was away on the weekend I did not hear about it.

Sorry to hear about it. Give your daughter a big hug from us and give her the time and space to talk about it and about her friends.

It takes time, and it will hit in unusual and unexpected ways.

Getting over it is like a scar healing when it is new every time you bump it it hurts slowly it becomes less tender untill it is just a memory, but you will still have a scar and that will remain for the rest of your life.

The number of times i have driven my car home to palleranda and seen car head lights approaching from behind at rediculous speeds i am surprised it has not happened more. imagine coming home from work at midnight on your motor bike and an uncontrollable car full of kids floats by you. i have cut people out of cars and all these idiots should be walking

oh i almost forgot to the heart surgeon with the black porsche i got your number

Many thanks for your kind words,

I fish quite regularly out at three mile where it happened and should have been there the time it happened, the kids asked to have a "Family Night so I stayed home (thank god).

Unfortunately I am all too aware of the scars, I discovered a army mate with a bullet entry wound and his scull etc all over his lounge room ceiling a few years back and its left its mark on me, I now suffer a depressive disorder with anger and panic attacks (great fun), thankfully I have a great psych.

Needless to say after 15 years service I am now medically retired.......More time to fish.

The most unfortunate part of this for the kids is that Kirwan State High has just shoved its head in the sand, on Monday quite a few of the year 12 kids wrote poems and stuck them up around the school, the teachers took them down on Monday night, the kids have had No Grief Counsellers, No Critical Incident Debrief/Councelling & when I confronted John Livingstone the principal he told me that the kids were'nt current students at the school so I should just settle my kids and myself down and get over it......at least Northern Beaches High had a professional Grief Counsellor on hand all day Monday & offered prayers.

I just could'nt imagine loosing any of my kids this way, this is my incentive to place this post I suppose.
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

Yeah, tragic situation all round, not just for the families who lost a son or daughter, but also for the police, ambos, firies and everybody else who attended the scene, plus the doctors, nurses and other staff at the hospital.

The kids' friends also, who lost a mate are also suffering badly. It won't get any better when the families and friends put their loved ones to rest.

The frustrating thing about accidents like this is "Why?"

Was it loss of control, inexperience, a rush of blood to the head or what? I guess we'll never know, except that speed looks like it was a factor.

The tragic thing is that they aren't coming back. My heartfelt feelings go out to those who are left to rebuild their lives.

TOL

Why? because young people need to take risks they need to prove their manhood and place in society the need a rite of passage to adulthood.

We no longer send our young out to kill a lion or prove their manhood or womanhood.

I know I took a LOT of risks when I was young I look back in horror at the stupid things I did now.

We cannot keep our kids safe we just have to provide them with the love, information and challenges to spare them from the worst possibilities if we can. We also have to realize that not all of them are going to make it.

It is called "life".

Why? because young people need to take risks they need to prove their manhood and place in society the need a rite of passage to adulthood.

We no longer send our young out to kill a lion or prove their manhood or womanhood.

I know I took a LOT of risks when I was young I look back in horror at the stupid things I did now.

We cannot keep our kids safe we just have to provide them with the love, information and challenges to spare them from the worst possibilities if we can. We also have to realize that not all of them are going to make it.

It is called "life".
    well put Dug. I don't want to turn this into an argument, but I agree. It's tragic, but I've just had kids (babies) and I worry about everything they do, and it often makes me think how I survived to this age - from the age of 5 to 15 - bloody hell climbing trees, swimming in floods, playing with fire, horseriding - wild, motorbike riding, skateboarding, etc etc. I had some friends have an accident (at a similar age) and one of my good friends died and another very badly injured. It made us think for a bit, but them's the risks. At least we knew we weren't bullet proof anymore. This will effect many people and I dare say it - maybe lives will be saved as a result.

Doesn't matter where you live these days, there are any number of teenagers flying around in cars at all times of the day or night risking life and limb, living the mixed up dream that is thrust down their throats by the modern media.
    You can hear them roaring around the Brisbane Suburbs in the wee small hours, brakes screeching, wheels spinning, yet no sound from a whailing police car to pull them over. You can talk to these kids until you are blue in the face, they won't listen and will continue to get into cars with young men mainly who have no experience nor concept of what high speed crashes result in. We need more marked and unmarked police cars on the roads 24 hours a day, there is no better deterent than this to curb speed.
    My deepest sympathies go out to the families of these children and those many in the community who have been affected by this tragedy.

Regards Cameron.

Bosunsmate - My deepest condolences to all involved!

Not sure if it would help, but as the school is not providing any help/relief for the kids involved, let them know that Lifeline is always there. It's just a person on a phone, but anyone is better than no-one! And that's what they're there for!!!

It's hard to lose a close one...

only one car involved.. and not another FAMILY....
    "whats the time"

We have a close friend whose son was in a roll over incident down our way some time ago where a teenage girl was killed and another badly injured. It turns out the boys were in the front of a Hilux or similar and the girls were in the tray body when the young driver rolled it.

Anyway, it went to court and the driver was jailed as alcohol was involved. I think he was 17 at the time of the accident. Our friend's son has been very moved by what happened.

Another factor to come out of all this apart from the tragedy of it all, is that the dead girl's parents will never believe the driver got a big enough sentence, while the boy's (driver) parents reckon he was harshly dealt with. A lot of people will be saying for the rest of their lives "if only".

When I was about that age, some of the things we did in cars would make your hair stand on end, and I think that we had this view that we were bullet proof. Times probably haven't changed.

TOL

We need more marked and unmarked police cars on the roads 24 hours a day, there is no better deterent than this to curb speed.
    again, without turning this into a debate, I think this is important, but the kids know where the police go. There are too many streets, motorways, etc for this to be viable. It's really about society, education, parents, etc....
    although access to finance has improved dramitically over the years so kids can drive loud turbo sports cars - the fact is that many kids were driving less safe powerful 6 and 8 cylinder cars when I was younger. Worse handling, braking, and similar power driving 2 wheels.

Reading my family history back in the 1890's my family lost 2 sons while they were horse racing on their way home.

Most of my family's males have gone off to war luckily all but on survived.

Untill you are 25 you believe you are immortal and will never die.

After that you slowly realize you may be mortal.

Bosunmate,
    My prayers are with all of you who have been affected by this road tragedy.
    I never know what to say when I hear about such a loss.
    Please know that you have my deepest sympathy.
    saphire.