Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CONDOLENSCES & HEART FELT SYMPATHY

Re: CONDOLENSCES & HEART FELT SYMPATHY

Bosunmate what i am about to tell you is a scary situation i was involved a few months ago going to the area concerned.
    i was stooped a the lights to turn right to go to pallendra and i heard this persos blowing the horn at me trying to force me to go through a red light to which i gave him my responce through the rear vision lights.
    as we turned and was going on our wat this idiot came along side me punching the steering wheel of his car and as soon as he passed me he cut in front and went off the side of the road and then gunned it and showered my car with gravel.
    some nuts out there mate you have my smypathy.
    troy

There are some very angry people out there driving cars and I don't know what makes them like that. Maybe some people just can't control it, possibly due to work or home or other social pressures.

Only this morning, wife & I were shopping and there was a bloke reversing out of a space at the shopping centre (and shopping centres aren't generous with their spaces) and another bloke drove up behind him and started blowing his horn at this bloke trying to reverse out. Why? It wasn't as if there were no spaces left, there were plenty. He must have felt that he was being held up.

Just don't know.

TOL

The stupidity of it all is that the young ones don't appear to have learnt anything.

I took my daughter to work the other day and a young guy ina blue VK was screeming down the main road swerving between traffic in a hurry to his own funeral..

The ONLY way to really stop this is to speed limit vehicles and we know thats not cost effective.....as the local RACQ guy said on the news the other night, the kids arent being taught to drive anymore, they are being taught to pass a driving test.

We need to re-educate the system, start teaching them to CONTROL the vehicle first, I remember my first lesson was about the principal of the engine and how the car moves, then was I taught how to stop and then go......makes sense, whats the first thing you learn when learning to snow ski.......how to plough and stop !

I have had my beef, it's time to let it go, no matter how much bitchin and how many letters we write the government is'nt going to listen, they'll just introduce more laws and reduce the police numbers and expect the death rate to drop....

RIP to all those who have passed and simpathy and condolences to all who are suffering as a result........

Bosun
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

the kids are being taught to drive by driving schools, what they need is to learn what PUNISHMENT is and have all these do gooders put back in their box. as a rape victim friend of mine was told you have your day in court, this guy has to live with it for the rest of his life. bugger anti hoon laws just use jail

Bosunsmate,
    Life is tough and sometimes very short.
    As i have posted before i am an x qld copper and proud of it.
    Many times when i was in the job death stared at me in the face from a different range of incidents.
    I never spoke to anyone about what i saw and kept it bottled up inside and it drove me to the drink.
    After about 3 drunken incidents i found that i had to sort my life out and move on.
    As a result i gave up the drink in 1989 and left the coppers.
    What i am saying to you is if your children and for that matter anyone else who has been touched by this incident talk to them or get them some councelling to make things better. Dont let them bottle it up inside because one day you have to in some way let it out. The way i did this was not very pretty.
    May i offer my sympathy to the families involved and i hope your daughter comes to gripps with this and gets over it easily.
    Kindest regards to all in this matter
    Graeme

Gawby Im with you on this one .In times of trials and tribulations the need to share the burden is so important as you well know.The best form of releif is to share .
    maztez terry
    Cheers Tezza

We are fortunate in that the daughter is good friends with the step-brother of one of the dead boys so they are talking constantly, especialy about the good times that were had by all....they are celelbrating their lives now instead of mourning their loss which is a good start.

Daughter and Mum have done the funerals and said their goodbyes at the grave so they are on the road to moving on, daughter also knows support is available when and where ever it is required no matter what.

Daughter knows and understands that time will heal the wounds but celebration of their lives will ease the day to day pain.

PS....gawby there is a PM on its way.
    May the winds blow lightly upon your sails
    May the seas buffet gently upon your hull
    May your chiller be full of piscatorial delights

Bosunsmate,
    As replied in pm its a pleasure and good times ahead.
    Try and catch up for a fish if i get held in townsville one weekend.
    Regards
    Graeme

I tip my hat to you guys.
    When we realize our own mortality and that of those around us and how precious life is then we do adjust how we live. Some will get to this point others will sadly die before they do. It is nothing we can instigate via laws and I can only protect my own children to a certain extent and hope that they will outlive me.
    We don't know how long we have our friends and our loved ones, lets live accordingly.
    cheers BB