Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 200m from pro's

200m from pro's

A fellow Ausfisher had abit of a run in with a pro yesturday. There is a rule that you must fish 200m meters away from a pro. Has anyone heard this rule before? If you had the vhf on yesturday on 21 you would of heard this pro swearring and carring on{this is not acceptible on the radio}
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: 200m from pro's

hi
    i have never heard off this i was a ex pro. he seen like a ######. as for the swearing theres a big fine for that but he gut he boat rego.
    danny

who was the ausfisher

I have heard about this with Charter Boats, Thought it was the same for pro's
    As I have heard and not knowing the rules 100%,
    If you are fishing and a Charter/Pro comes over to your spot you are ok.
    But i dont think you can go to there spot.

Its only what I have heard

AJ

i have heard of it but never had to worry about it

westie

I was at the Caloundra 9 Mile fishing amoung other boats and a Charter Fishing Boat came within casting distance slowed down to around 6 knots, I am sure he was looking at what we all were sitting on. There is not a problem with him coming that close but if he had of dropped the pick I would have had reason to say something, I do belive there is a distance for when Trawlers are opperating but Fishing Charters ?????

I will make the effort to ring the authorities Monday morning to find out.

did the ausfisher get the position for
    future investigation????

Brett_Hoskin

It it a Queensland Transport rule or a DPI rule?

hi
    as a charter boat skipper i dont have a problem with anyone coming close to me as far as i know theys no distance. with trawler because they have there nets down it hard for them to turn.
    danny

hi
    i just look in my small ship manual .all power driven vessel under way shall keep out of the way of
    1 a vessel not under command
    2 a vessel restricted in its ability to manoeuvre
    3 engaged in fishing
    4 sailing vessel
    and if day time they should have day shapes up and if night they should have they right light on. hope this help
    danny

Never heard of that rule before but incounted something similar on Friday. The pro did'nt go on that bad but made it quiet clear that was his bit of water. We where at all times a good 150m+ away but he still gave us the signs as they do. We still did 2 drifts pass him, mark his spot and threw back 5 snapper making sure they saw us each time throwing them back. Each to there own.

Luke

Good stuff Luke. If he did it to me i would showed him how hairy my arse really is. We are all trying to get a feed so whats the need to be verbal abusive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spiro,

who

i will let him put his own name down. I saw the whole thing from a distance hey Pete
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've had pro's pull up a stones throw away from me and drop anchor
    does it work both ways