Thread: 1770 M & G Sadly Over

1770 M & G Sadly Over

Looks like I am the first one to get in and say "What a F&^%$#NG sensational week at 1770. I missed the last one but I am soooooo glad I got to this one. Lucky Phil has to take the prize for fishing though with "rebait" (Hope I spelled it right Phil) I think the ocean is many many kilo's lighter after Phil and the crew went out wide and totally cleaned up. Roz definately takes the prize for the most dedicated female fisherperson I have ever ever met and a bloody top chick too. ( sorry Roz for the chick bit) AND the prize for the most travelled fisho has to go to Blaze and his mate Mark. From Tazzie to 1770 for a fishing trip, now thats dedication. As always, the prize for the most seasoned drinker has to go to Corry. Sheeeeet man, I thought I could put em away but I look like I have finally met my match. A night at Newbys soon may see a different story though Corry.

Wrapping me-self up here, I had a great time and met some great people. Drank too much, ate too much, fished too much and definately slept too little and if anyone ever has any reservations about going to a meet and greet with the fishos from Ausfish, think again #and get to one of them. Has to be one of the best weeks of my life.

Thanks to everyone who made my week.

OH Just one more thing....The spew award.....JD (cq nomad) You take the cake my friend. Comes down to 1770 for one day, drinks until 3am, fishing at 5am and spews from 5.30am to lunch time then p!sses off home probably saying what a great time he had....lmfao...JD your the best.....

NEWBY
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Re: 1770 M & G Sadly Over

Newby you forgot to mention scottys effort, your right what a trip. Did you end up at least covering the bottom of that esky
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    Newby you forgot to mention scottys effort, your right what a trip. Did you end up at least covering the bottom of that esky
    cheers
    blaze
    Yeah true Blaze, Scotty did apparently have a fair spew too but he was there for the week and by Wednesday morning he had bloody good reason to spew...lol...He is another contender for the drinking title but I believe Corry just edged him out by not spewing....lmao

Didnt quite fill the bottom of the esky but had a bloody huge day out on Friday morning. Left at 4.15am. Thanks for your company on "Carnelpya" Shame ya dont live up here in CQ Ya'd make a good fishing buddy for a 2 header...lol
    See ya next time buddy.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

supose corrie has nearly got to win the drinking prize as to my limited knowledge he retained what he consumed, scars a bit itchy
    cheers
    blaze
    ps
    hows corrie legs they were a funny color last time I seen him, some talk of applying make up to them, what was it called sex appeal, na, legwax ?

searaider

Geday NEWBY ,
    Top effort to punch out to the Wides in the slop on Friday . [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    We headed out at about 5.30 to one of the closer reefs due east and found the conditions extremly ordinary .
    Although I didnt make it to most of the night activities , it was a top week .
    Good to meet you & all the other Guys & Gals who made it to the
    M & G .

Peter
    Searaider 2

Onya Dave,

will reply to the M & G round up in " Fishing Reports ".

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Needmorerum

Gotta agree Newby, JD's efforts were impressive to say the least. How'd you pull up JD, get home alright I hope?
    Where JD had the longevity, Scotty had the texture. I've never seen a man be able to power it more than 3 yards. And then turn the fish on.
    Drinking wise, I thought it was a pretty slack effort this time, we didn't down half of what we did last time. Spent too much time fishing. Out of the 10 litres I took down, I managed to bring 5½ of it back.
    Got the big boat in nearly everyday, where as in Feb, only used it once.
    Well done to Re-Bait on the top catch's of the week. There were some unforgettable numbers in some of fishing trips.
    Phill, how did the Jack attack go? Ours was comical that's for sure, hey Scotty.

Well, time to now think of that swear word again, W--k.

Thanks to all for the week, can't wait till the next one.

Corry

Corry,

Funny thing about the Jack Attack. We saw these fellas ( ) shining their torches all over the water. Scaring the Jacks blind ! Think they were pizzed or lookin at baitfish ?

Well, had a couple of runs, and we both had a hit as you guys yelled out that you were going ! We caught a few mudcrabs and had some Breambos munching on the baits.

Next time, we will get there an hour or so earlier and get those livies happenin !

OH, I missed that snag on the way back ( the one I hit going down ), but managed a beauty on the return trip. Certainly woke me up. Nearly spilt me VB as well.

Hope the sunburn gets better ( not )

Cya soon.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Looks like a couple of mug tasmanian's got the only jack for the trip, listen fellows "you gotta fish the snags"
    cheers
    blaze

DNO40

Sounds as though fun was had by all.

Will JD recover in time for the Barra M&G ?

Are you going to bring the remaining 51/2 litres Corry ? Perhaps we can set a new record.

Only 1 Jack ........... Probably deserving as he travelled from Tassie for it, They say fishing with two heads is better than one. (just joking). Well done Blaze.

DNO

CQ_Fisher

The term, "here for a good time, not a long time" certainly meant alot for me on the Tuesday night but definately not at all Wednesday morning. I was hoping it was just gonna be a good clean stomach cleansing spew and then i'd be able to hook into the fishing but unfortunately it got the better of me and i was down for the count. Definatley poor form on my bahalf Oh well, another day another hang over Looking forward to doing it all again at Awoonga.

Cheers
    JD

DNO40

Thats the spirit .... or should I say that was the spirit !

DNO

well guys and girls I for one will be a starter at every m&g that comes my way if there is any way possible for me to make it. My effort on the p!ss was a bit ordinary too corry. 3 bottles of single barrel jacks, 1 and a bit bottles of normal jacks and a dozen cans of the stuff. All in all I figure about 4 litres or so. Would have loved to have got stuck into it a bit more with Tony and Sandi but circumstances didnt allow it. (BTW Tony, i still owe ya for a couple of slabs of squid, see you in a couple of weeks and fix it then. bring some single barrel with me too so we can catch up)
    "SIGH" so long to wait for the next one.

NEWBY
    NEWBY T.G.

Gotta admit it! You queensland boys and girls really know how too have fun in the sun. 'Course, Corey seemed to outdo most of us with that impressive "leg tan". (* hope the Aloevera ice came in handy, having only had to use half a bottle on myself hehehe). Typical though really when it comes to me and fishing. Decide to have a day off on Wednesday, and that just so happens to be the day that you guys decide to go out and catch a swag. Cant complain really though. That's one of the BIGGEST 30cm flatties I have EVER caught!!!!!!! Oh, by the way boys and girls, when Rob and I are up in Queensland next time, we'll show you the "Blaze" secret spot, and we might even be able to hook you guys up on a Jack! LOL
    Thanks to everyone who made us two Tasmanians feel at home. Had an absolute ball and have taken a heck of a lot of great memories back to Tassie, especially Rob, tourists and a silent electric motor! Thanks Scottie! LOL :-)
    Catch ya all online!

Mark