Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sunshine coast River to Reef fishing comp

Re: The Sunshine coast River to Reef fishing comp

Jitlands,

What a bland existance it would be if people couldn't compete in a sport they love.

I think the difference between a 'shamateur' and a person who enters a fishing comp is clearly Intention to compete, the money is a bonus.

Why set out to be a total 'Fun Policeman'.

Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

ILL BE THERE #

#fair dinkum jitlands ,
    the only wise thing you said was'' to each his own''

# # YA BIG SOOKY LA LA #

the sunshine coast river to reef fishing classic indeed has over $50,000 worth of prizes (all donated) to give away and yes the monies raised are going to rad an association that takes disabled kids fishing. something most of them would never experience without this association. the assoc aim is to upgrade their vessel to a wheel-chair friendly one with toilet etc aboard. the present boat is a familiar sight on the coast and works areas from the gold coast up to hervey bay. as boaties you will understand that many costs are involved in maintaining a boat let alone the insurances etc this assoc has to pay. fishing in the comp begins 12midnight thursday 3rd and you must be at the weigh-in by 3 pm sunday 6th. weigh-ins are 2pm to 5pm friday & saturday and 12 to3 pm sunday. live fish will be weighed from10am to 5pm friday & saturday and10am to 3pm sunday. i will definitely be there for the entertainment and social atmosphere. there is a band playing saturday night. should be the best river to reef yet. cheers

i spoke to Greg on {0418 256 5367} yesterday,

you can enter after 6pm on thursday at quad park but you must bring a passport photo for them to laminate onto your entrant ID.

i forgot to ask the price

boats loaded,rigs are tied,HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

cheers scott

so is this comp on this weekend???

if so then i will be fishing else where like the bay for mackrel

i think i need a few more years experience before i enter.

What you talking about Chemmy. With your current catch's at the B/Banks you might win with that snapper you caught from last trip
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for that info Scott i am still waitting to see what the weather and conditions are going to be like..........we can only hope [smiley=angel.gif]
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah lets hope the weather is good

chemmy give it a go mate what do you have to loose ?
    you could win a new boat

Daniel

westie

chemmy .... caloundra is right, but as for winning the Boat??? as I spoke to Daniel today in person and it seems he may have a name ready for it.

So go fourth young man and kick his stern

Dave

Hainsey will be there if weather is good. Mabey not for the comp but hopefully to get some fish and meet a few fellow ausfishers.

Dave

i am starting to sereosly think about it but i have to see what dad is doing if i had my own car then i would be in no questions asked

is it 16 and under or under 16 years of age? and can you enter over the phone or do you have to drive all the way up there???

Sadly, I believe there are still some comps which promote major fish kills, such as run by the Qld Amareur fisherman's association (QAFCA?). Based on number of fish and total weight. Correct me if I am wrong.

But I think most comps these days include a catch and release section and prizes are awarded for biggest of species, rather than most fish or total weight.

ANSA comps are run on points with a maximum of 5 fish weighed per angler. Points are worked out based on the 'fighting factor' of the fish and the line class used.

I am a big fan of these comps. I reckon it is alot of fun, the social aspect can be good, and the competitive aspect makes you fish harder and I reckon your skills improve as you try harder over the years. There are no big prizes available for the ANSA comps, but lots of smaller stuff. Main thing is the bragging rights.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy