Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga  M&G 5th & 6th Nov

DNO40

Re: Awoonga #M&G 5th & 6th Nov

If Corrys not going .......... JD should stay healthy this trip

DNO

DNO
    No way JD is gunna stay healthy (I'll see to that)

I,m back to 2 bunks again !!!!!

Regards, Tony

Bring your Boats....About a Hour each on the water ...After the chat......No not to show you my spots ... just a bit of individual tuition....Its good to tell ....even better to show....
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Guys, although I've been registered on Ausfish for quite a while, I'm far from active. Just read through the thread on the Awoonga week-end. Sounds fantastic.

Am I too late to join in?

Are there any women coming? ie is it OK to bring the wife?

I have two set ups. One is with camper trailer (fully self sufficient) and a fishing canoe with Min Kota.

The other is a 5.25m aluminium boat with 115HP outboard.

The first will be best for comfort (particularly since we would be travelling from Gold Coast). But how is the lake for fishing from a canoe? Are there good spots close in as the canoe is obviously a lot!!!! slower than the boat.

Enough questions for now until I know if I can fit in. Just sorry I didn't find you earlier as I have never been barra fishing and would like to learn about it. Only impoundment fishing I have done is for Bass on Hinze Dam.

Norm C

Norm

I think we could fit you in.
    We ahve got the scout camp organised for sleeping you are welcome to a couple of bunks if you want them
    As far as a canooe - Awoonga is a Bloody BIG dam

Cheers
    Mark

Have organised the gate keeper to meet me at the camp on Friday at around 5.00pm.

See all the early starters around that time

The Mozzies are fairly active so don't forget the aerogaurd and have a good weekend (you too Mr Walker)
    Cheers
    Mark

Thanks Mark, but don't think it is going to work. Wife's not keen as it looks like she would be the only female. Says it might cramp the blokes style. She is probably right. A bit far to travel on my own.

Son would love to come, but he has to work. Not as much fun, but much more important.

Guess I've have to get to Awoonga another time.

I'll watch the thread to get some reports.

Hope you all have a ball and get amoung the big ones.

Trev
    Whats the lure recomendations mate??????

Regards, Tony

Tony.... ones with hooks on em...And when you are looking at your vast array in your shop....Just remember ...one for tony.... one for Trev...One..for...... ....ok ok um....gee how would l know Make sure them hooks are sharp

Clear as mud mate, clear as mud

Regards, Tony

Hi Guys,

Have told Mark that my mate Pete and myself will be getting down for this M&G, so I thought it was about time that I posted something on the main thread. Being my first time on this dam and a freshwater novice, I am really looking forward to meeting and learning something from all of the "gurus" of Awoonga and also being able to put some serious hours fishing for these magic Barra.

Hopefully I will be able to find the Scout Camp easily. Has a start time been finalised for the Saturday Morning yet and is everyone meeting at the Scout Camp?

Cheers
    Don.
    Cheers
    Don.

How about 8 am...At this stage Andrew from the hatchery will come and have a chat after lunch

CQ_Fisher

Dont you blokes worry about my health, i'll be fighting fit as long as Corry and his home brew rum stays away

Tony,
    I definately wont be able to make it out Friday night so i'll catch up with you Saturday morning.

See you all at the scout camp for an 8am start to proceedings.

Cheers
    JD

DNO40

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga
    ...And when you are looking at your vast array in your shop....Just remember ...one for tony.... one for Trev...One..for...... ;
    That last one was meant to read one for DNO

DNO

Re: Awoonga  M&G 5th & 6th Nov

Trev,

Tell Andrew he promised me a hat but didn't deliver for the tagged big girl we got up there in October.

He mentioned he might drop it into the caravan park so there's a possibility someone you know and love may have pocketed it >