Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 1770's MUD CRAB THIEF & SLASHER

Re: 1770's MUD CRAB THIEF & SLASHER

Hi Mike,

Congrats on the silver thingo.

Ahjayem,

I had heard about the fisheries officers, was told they went missing up in middle creek, don't know how true that is.

Urip,

Was really lovely meeting you as well, I won't let this issue spoil my love of mud crabbing, But I decided enough is enough, and that somebody ought to do something.

Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hey Mate, I have just got back from Tin Can Bay, and it is happening down there as well. I feel one on one counselling is the go hey mate!!!!.

Regards,
    Kevvy.

I've lived in 1770 all my life and crab pot slashing is nothing new, I remember a certain bloke in the early 90's who used to go up the creek at night in a little hover craft and steal pots and the like. And as for that fisheries story it was jenny lind creek, they found the fishos boat upside down on the bar, they think it was the pro crabbers that done it after the fishos busted them with undersize crabs, jenny's or something. Go to the miriam vale pub if you wanna hear the story, it's a favorite there.

malcolm_lee

Hi guys, like everyone has said before its happerning everywhere. we go down to the national park on the south east corner of w.a and like everyone we set up camp and go of fishing along with others in the park. But some people that live near by are coming down and taking gear from the sites. We've had fishing gear taken, genset and even had my trailer moved (must have distured them, thank god). So now when we go fishing we camp right on the beach and never leave anything behind if we go somewhere. Its a shame cause theres some beut people you meet in the parks, but thats the way the worlds going. We feel for u guys and hope you do catch them. Like someone said on the pages, take a photo of them and plant it everywhere. Shame the out properly.

They are there all right and they know when you catch them the law will do nothing as you have to video them doing the crime. Friends of mine in Gladstone caught the guy who was doing it tp them and took the law into their own hands. It landed them in Court and could have gone to jail for assault. In the end the pot slasher and thief was awarded all the money(it nearly broke them, but had to pay him)They now live in fear that this guy will harm their kids as he continually harasses them and knows the law will only protect the criminal in the end. That is why these people took the law into their own hands the first time. They were the victims.