Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1770's MUD CRAB THIEF & SLASHER

Re: 1770's MUD CRAB THIEF & SLASHER

G'day
    Shanej, last i read it wasnt illegal. I know of a few blokes down in brisbane here that use this method. As long as the pot has ID on it it should be ok, but then again, go have a good read of the fisheries site as i will be doing this. Seems to me if they have a float on them then it's open slathr, @ least if their sunk, a few tied togeather it'd be much much harder, if not impossible for theives to find them.
    Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

razzor-blades in the rope might stop them i got told about a pro doing this the other day to stop thieves liftting pots.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roz,

He can be charged by the police then put through the Magistrates court as per the usual system.The charge would be one of WILLFUL DAMAGE and you will be compensated.If he steals the same scenario.

Cheers

MIKOS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened
    G'day
    Shanej, last i read it wasnt illegal. I know of a few blokes down in brisbane here that use this method. As long as the pot has ID on it it should be ok, but then again, go have a good read of the fisheries site as i will be doing this. Seems to me if they have a float on them then it's open slathr, @ least if their sunk, a few tied togeather it'd be much much harder, if not impossible for theives to find them.
    Dave
    You could be right as I havent really looked into it. Where I go crabbing in the local creeks people seem to be able to control them selves and leave other peoples pots alone. I have actually returned home with all my pots every time since I got back into fishing/crabbing
    Shane

Hey Roz,

As everyone has said that is so low, you said about the town being small and the local rag.

Maybe you should use you freedom of speech or maybe get one of the local writers to do the stake out with you, would be a double humiliation to be charged but also to be front page news with his ugly (can't imagine such a doodlehead being cute!) mug all over local rag.

Anyway as much as I like to entertain the thought of doing something illegal I am all for going about things the right way and if you look hard enough the law has a hell of alot of loop holes just waiting for you to use them

good luck and keep us posted this is like our very own csi!!! LOL

Al

Giday Mikos,
    was that in the Mooloolah mate, or the Maroochy. How friggin smart do those blokes think they are pinching gear in the middle of the day. I guess they figure that we are unlikely to be around, and the police have no way of knowing that the pots they are pulling don't belong to them. If it is still the same bloke/blokes, then they need to be caught. Imagine just how many they could have stolen since our incidents. Stealing like that is just one thing i can NOT stand. Recon the punishment should be donating a hand or a leg for future crabbing adventures... Kidding (kind of)
    Cheers Fritzy
    PS. It is becoming a sad world that we live in. Dunno why it has happened, why is dishonesty and stealing so common now. My old man tells me of the days when they would leave the keys in the car, with the doors unlocked and the windows open. What are we becoming?

Fritzy,

It was in the Maroochy river mate just beside the bridge (eastern side)

I was up there for a week staying at the caravan park and the got flogged the first time i put them out.what upset me the most was that they were given to me by my grandfather who always looks after his stuff and I had them for one month and now they are gone.

Cheers

MIKOS

its the pro's doing it in maroochy river.. ive seen em..

My boat had headlights i fitted.. used it for spotting crabpots while driving up the creeks at night.. saw a lil red light zipping all over the creek one night so i turned off all my lights and dropped the electric motor.. cruised up then flicked the headlights on.. friggen pro crabber checking his pots and everyone elses!! he got a flogging of verbal abuse... theres 3 or 4 pro crabbers working the creeks in maroochy river.. so ur damned if ya do.. damned if u dont

Tim

Hi Tim

Maybe I could borrow your boat...just kidding.

One good thing has come out of it so far, on the second last night before packing to come home, we sat up in the estuary after dark for a few hours (sadly we just missed him...again)

anyway, I picked a spot hidden in amongst the mangroves that had a bit of space. Had a packet of frozen prawns and one of my estuary rods, ended up catching five grunter, three small bream and a shovel nose.

Was on the phone to Volvo and Lucky while all that was going on.

Never a dull moment up at Agnes.

Hi Al,

Nice to see another female on the site.

Roz

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Don't put some of those bait jig hooks on the rope OK someone may get hurt

Quote Originally Posted by fritzy
    PS. It is becoming a sad world that we live in. Dunno why it has happened, why is dishonesty and stealing so common now. My old man tells me of the days when they would leave the keys in the car, with the doors unlocked and the windows open. What are we becoming?

MMM in the early 70's I saw 2 cars I considered stealing both had the keys in the ignition

The first one was a beautiful Aston Martin sports convertible, a DB6 I think, It would have been nice to just go round the block a few times in it.

The other was an Army land-rover parked with the motor running outside a fish and chip shop. The thing that made this attractive to steal was the 25 pounder canon it was towing

Imagine the stink that would have caused

god luck roz,
    hope you get the dirty bugga....
    dale

Roz, you'd have to contact Matthill80 to borrow the boat.. he has it now... im now boatless... but it works a treat..

Tim

Nah Tim,

You just made me smile thinking about it.

Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hrmmm # I was thinking a crab-bomb