Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you post accurate spots???

Re: do you post accurate spots???

iam only joking. i dont want your spot X or anyone elses. me personally would give someone my spots if they want. doesnt mean they are going to catch fish off it. I am not interested in bagging out when i go out there, iam in it for the fishing. iam happy to take one fish home for me and the family.
    good luck daniel

Gotta agree with Jay also .
    MANY of these people who "bum steer" you on the post will actually give you good info if you contact them direct.
    They do hard yards to find the fish , like hell if they are going to put 100 boats on the spot in the next day . I know i won't ....BUT i can honestly say i have put people onto their first Marlin / Tuna / Wahoo etc through one on one discussion ...and thats the only way i will play it

Many of these SAME individuals gave me the required learning curve to find fish for myself ..and not just me , many others too ...i could rattle off lists , but no need , they KNOW who they are .

Some people go on about ' its just a spot ' ...yeh well , just that spot might not fire with 100 boats hammering round above .

BEFORE ANYONE gives someone stick about a post that maybe labelled with a wrong local .....why not try giving them a PM instead of being arrogant and calling them an a$$hole...you might find they are top blokes and don't want their knowledge to be taken advantage of

always try to give a true report sometimes i might put in close to where i was if there was no way to describe exact spot

Probably duzzn't matter anyway cos we're apparently all gonna be dead from the Bird Flu anyway.

Anybody got any landbased spot x's around Paradise Point so I can feed my family when it hits???

and don't lie cos the flu will get ya!!!

I haven't lied here yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy to share starter marks with anyone, i have done a few times, with a bit of advice, but dont ask me to give up hard earned marks found by hours & days of exploring , cos i'll tell you straight up , NUH, Muzz.

# # I haven't lied here yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! # I'm happy to share starter marks with anyone, i have done a few times, with a bit of advice, but dont ask me to give up hard earned marks found by hours & days of exploring , cos i'll tell you straight up , NUH, Muzz.

Darryl

I personally think if you dont want people knowing your spot x's , why post at all?

Personally again, i dont want anyone's spotx's and enjoy the part of exploring for new spots.

I am more for finding out what depth, tide, bait etc information rather than an exact mark.

I personally hate the threads that are ,"i caught a 50 kilo cobia in the nerang river using a live grass hopper as bait."

That's just off tap.

yeh no probs daniel im in the same boat mate. Who cares if you dont catch fish, but if i have a spot that produces i would like to always go and get a feed from it!

Cheers

Shane

everyone knows my "spot x"....

if u donn't ,then u have not been listening ..
    "whats the time"

who wants it tho SNAPPA??

Shane

Geez Darryl,

Grasshopper's do make great live bait in the nerang for Cobes ..... #

You'll give away all our good tricks .....

Here's one for ya Kev....

I know a nurse who hates fishing .... but she doesn't mind going down on the Docks # #

Cheers,
    Tony #
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

BEFORE ANYONE gives someone stick about a post that maybe labelled with a wrong local .....why not try giving them a PM instead of being arrogant and calling them an a$$hole...you might find they are top blokes and don't want their knowledge to be taken advantage of #[/quote]

This is probably true but maybe I'm naive. I just can't get my head around the fact that if you are going to purposely misinform someone over this medium, or any other, to protect your spot, why would you say anything at all about where you caught your fish. Post your success by all means but nothing is forcing you to give out the location. I sold cars for over 20 years and I know that I couldn't mislead anyone in this manner and not feel guilty. 'Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by shaman

This is probably true but maybe I'm naive. I just can't get my head around the fact that if you are going to purposely misinform someone over this medium, or any other, to protect your spot, why would you say anything at all about where you caught your fish. Post your success by all means but nothing is forcing you to give out the location. I sold cars for over 20 years and I know that I couldn't mislead anyone in this manner and not feel guilty. 'Nuff said
    AMEN! Finally someone who understands. #[smiley=guitarist.gif]
    Well put Shaman. #[smiley=dankk2.gif] You have my support. #[smiley=laola.gif]

well shaman you must be the first car salesman to feel like that

Daniel you took the words righ out of my mouth!!