Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you post accurate spots???

Re: do you post accurate spots???

spotties have nine spots ....

Spot on Herby. I have always posted where, what and when. I look at the reports and make a decission from there. So in turn i post my report even if it's nothing at all to report - often, but if someone else is looking to spend plenty $$$$$$$$ heading out the next day to the area that i was and see my report well then they can make their own decissions, same as i had to. so even if my report doesn't have all the big fish pics and stories at least someone might get something outta them.

As been said b4 the ocean is a big place and spotx's are hard to come by, but hey general reef area's not a spot x is it.... Look at Palmy fair reef easy to find and fish but the locals still have their spot x's right under everyone's noses.

IMHO it's cost to damm much to go out there to try catch some fish on someone's #Bull Sh*t report. And spot x's dont always fire at that, lot of other factors to consider as well.

Brett

Some of us from here have had a few trips outside we have all fished the same general area and have to say that all the boats came home with fish. EASY to find the fish bloody hard to have the skills to also catch those fish. I enjoy helping out mates . We weren't all born top gunn fisho's with a TLD 50 in our gobbs, and a GPS fulla marks.
    It's FULLY SIC man

Dogs have spots, humans have spots so do fish, just gotta find the spots

bidkev

If anyone wants a few vermin, just PM me. I don't mind giving away my x spots

kev

When a person wants to believe something, it doesn't take much to convince them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem_Herby
    IIt's f*cking me right off atm all the posts about Murphys rather than the Barwon Banks. Those of us who have been members here for a while know it's a load of bs and we take it with a grain of salt (I dare say most have stopped laughing by now)
    Settle down mate . IMHO you do have a valid point but the way I see it is fishing is a learning curve. Nothing is set in stone. I only started fishing a couple years back with no freinds or family that ever fished. There is soooo much info out there that the thing that differs average fishos from good ones is their ability to take in all the info and decifer what is valid and what is not. Ask a fisho or even a tackle shop which lure to buy when chasing a specific fish and see all the different answers you get. Some will tell you what they beleive, some will tell you what stock they want to move and some will tell you BS cause they feel whatever lure you use you have limited chance of catching anything anyhow (trust me...I got heaps of old useless lures ). Right or wrong the point is that most mammas teach there kids to make their own decisions and to not trust strangers.
    You preaching your anger on here does much more damage to this site then a member not posting the correct spot they caught the fish. Have you ever PMed the members you are relating your post about to see what they would reply? Mabey if you fished with them one time and watched them have to constantly look over their shoulder when leaving port to see which member is tailing them or you noticed they no longer feel safe to post in the 'Going Fishing' section or post a full pic of their boat you would understand better.
    The way I see it is certain members have taken me (and many other members) out on their boat and taken the time to teach me more in a day then all the magazine have, have put me onto quality fish, and have posted up a huge amount of posts about what they have caught. Now considering if the spot was BS or not....you read all these posts and gather up all the small bits of info they have posted and then look at the amount of info members could have gathered from your posts and think once again who need to shut their mouth.
    Next time you see a post that you don't think is stated in the right area...then post your opinion or why don't you start a post about...."Your favorite fishing spot" and see how many members that actually land good fish post in there. Think about it..... you pull up to the jetty and you have had a good session pulling quality fish off a specific reef. All the boats at the ramp (not even close to as many members as on here) ask you where you caught them. Now do you send them to the spot you worked hard to find so it can get raped, do you tell them outright you are not going to tell them where you caught them and leave it at that or do you tell them you pulled them off an area around where you actually caught them that still produces fish...but not your area.

This is probably my longest post ever but wingers get on my nerves more then bullsh*tters.
    Just my humble opinion .
    Cheers, Jay

Girls have two boobies...we have two eyes
    (Not as good as Kev's quotes, but the best I can do )

ok bazza are you on a guilt trip?
    you must of been thinking about this ..to post a question up like that.
    this is the place to get it off your chest haha
    daniel( ex hooklinensinker)

fishingnottake

i'll give out spots that are producing though in my case it's more refidex coordinates than gps , thats being said, even if i say talle bridge, or shultz park that doesnt always put people straight onto the fish, ive seen plenty of people sit somewhere all night and not get a bite while another bloke 10 meters away is pulling them in hand over fist,... it;s even happened to me, it all comes down to the fisherman, picking the tide, your method bait/lure etc, that being said obviously i'm not investing the money/time etc that people in boats are. but i have to put in a hell of a lot of leg work, without the benfit of sounders etc, and you think it;s bad people following you to your spot try having someone walk past look in your bucket, or sit there watching you c&r then for them to show up half and hour later with their mates and park all of 5 meters down down from you. or have some joker wth a cast net walking the bridge scaring the bejessus out of the bait/bigger fish.
    ash

fishingnottake

i'm sure that post had a point when i started it, felt myself going into a rant so had to cut it short :|

MulletMan

Just because the rest of the group are too lousy to give away some good spots Dicer, I will make you feel welcome!
    Try the folowing co-rdinates!

S004.039.000
    E015.122.000

Happy fishing!

Glen.m

My opinion

We are all in the sport of fishing for the same reasons (ENJOYMENT)and few are borne guru's, most of us learning as we progress and gradually acquiring marks through personal research on the water, fishing partners and trusted friends. I believe that the wholesale broadcast of exact coordinates is a dangerous game and detrimental to productive fisheries and just causes excessive boat traffic. From what I have learned, coordinates need to be accompanied with the specific knowledge of how to fish a location anyway. I believe that if we are going to tell people where or how we caught fish, we should be both honest and general. If people are good fisho's they will catch fish anyway and will simply use your info to help them decide on a fishing destination etc... If they are new to the game then mabye you will have done them a favour and put them in the general area. As good a fisho as you think you are, there is plenty better out there, and mabye that beginner you helped out with your honest Post will repay the favour some day.

Regards

Glen

nicely said jay,
    dont forget that some people
    who post quality reports are on the
    water at least once a week. with the time, effort
    and money that goes into it i dont blame them for
    being protective of their spots.
    just my 2 cents worth.
    regards dale

Sportfish_5

Asking for specific GPS spots by PMs or in posts is pretty poor form as far as I am concerned. No problem with a general location and its good to have a bit of fun with the locations so lighten up chaps.

If you are that concerned with how much fishing costs because you are basing a trip off a report here then you need to rethink your chosen recreation It's fishing not catching - fishless trips are all part of the learning curve.

Anyway enough jibber - I'm off to troll Shultz Canal for some Barries and hoo next weekend

Cheers

Greg

I got into a fair bit of trouble on a Sydney site with implied death threats, abusive phonecalls, emails etc #and got members fighting over showing locations. Some because they could see their pontoon in the background, or it was "THEIR" spot or I was exploiting their fish to extinction. I believed most of these people were jealous, and then I put up a post jokingly about doing tours of the area #
    We found some good spots to catch estuary perch(by ourselves) and we would have boats follow us on quite a few occasions. Funny watching people in fast boats following a canoe around, and how you can pull fish out right next to people not catching anything.

What does annoy me is when they put up a post and then draw over the background....it just looks ridiculous................
    I even know of people on that site who would keep the fish in the live well (even big jewies) and go and take a pic near a decent landmark further away..
    I for one do post reports sincerely although no GPS marks(I dont have one anyway). How hard is it to get an exact mark off a photo anyway. Get real......

What can you REALLY believe nowadays ?

My old man used to say "dont believe half of what you hear and ignore the rest"

The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

I for one am abject to people lying to me in any way, shape or form.
    If anybody doesn't want to give out their spots good on 'em but they shouldn't give out misleading info. There is no justification for doing this.
    If you want to keep a location secret just say so or are u gutless? Being vague on spot x is ok as long as u give somewhere close but to send someone on a goosechase is a DOG-ACT!! To all who do or have done so SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. Oh and grow some balls.

Daniel i dont post specific spots on here because its a reasonalbly small area and close reefs here in Cairns and ive worked hard so far and spent 150hrs exactly motoring around in 6 mnths to find the spots i have. Am i really going to give a spot to anyone after spending lots of money, then someone who hasnt done any homework whatso ever to take my spot away from me and hasnt done any homework whatsoever! Your dreaming on that one sorry!

Cheers Shane

P.S some very good opinions comn out of this!