Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you post accurate spots???

Re: do you post accurate spots???

Is this a hint for certain people...........LOL
    There is no problem for me giving out the area that i fish eg north Banks. As the area is that large and your chances of finding that exact spot would be slim.
    If you cannot tell the truth where you were don't post and put your pic's and dribble in the test area.
    Might be funny for yourself in giving honest fiho's poor information, but it shows what sort of worth you are to the site
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I generally give an area, but nothing to exact. I personally dont have my own boat (yet), but having been on boat where they have spent countless hours hunting these spots down, trolling about looking for good spots etc etc - Im not exactly gonna blurt out to the world about it in great detail.

disagree chris!!!

No shots at anyone here just a post for a feel for who posts truthfully and who doesnt. I live in Cairns so im not fussed if brissy blokes stretch the truth and can understand their reasoning behind it! You get blokes that work their asses off for a bag out spot and someone comes and raids it. I wouldnt like it either especially the circumstances and degree of exposure the banks are gettn down your way! Gettn flogged to death and wont be many fish over 3kg soon. I would be stretchn too mate!

Cheers

Shane

ppl want to take as many as they can everytime just so noone else can get any from their spot! i see ppl with bagouts all the time and thats really good fishing from excelent fisherman, but do you really need to take that many. some of the fish are huge and 1 would feed a whole family...

id be happy to catch a few (or even 1 ) but only ever need 1 just for myself.

BD

westie

Spiro spot on, it is a big bit of water out the front here, even if I said I got 20 muddies up Mooloolaha River last night what do you want the spot x as well.

You say the Banks gets a flogging, now how many from ausfish go there on a regular basis and catch fish.

The area is about 12-15nm long and about 1nm wide and that is not counting the area surounding it WHY in Gods name can't you say i was at the Banks in 30m, and that will cover from the top to the bottom.

If I fish somewhere I will put the Reef I fish at, not one 10nm away.
    I will give anyone marks and I have, but there is nothing to say the fish will be there on that day.

Steve

You obviously like your fish stocks to be depleted, come talk to me after two or three years and well see whos changing their mind about givn gps marks away cause they cant catch fish at their old good spot. Im sorry to say it wont be me!

GOOD FEEDBACK BACK ANYWAY!

Cheers

Shane

I never have lied about a spot but would only give a reef name or area name. Some days I don't even know if I'm at 9 or 11 mile caloundra or just somewhere in between and the maps really dont help to pin point a wide reef area like that.

I just gave a mate of mine a list of over 170 spots that I take a pick from and I bet he is not rolling in fish.

Angla

When I joined the site I decided I would not do any reports on my fishing in the bay and have kept to that rather than try and avoid specific questions I would really prefer not to answer.

I only do surf reports and give exact details where if you get there within a few days fishing can be similar but usually has changed within about 7 days. Outside of that I only post the odd landbased or boat run with my boys.

Jays mamma told me to always tell the truth. #

Sounds like this Banks spot is the place to be, anyone got some GPS marks for it ..... I might give it a try. #lol

Mark

M8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888888888888888888888'the truth is out there. M8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888888888888. .
    Cheers.

MAL.

tell em what u want it is ur spot so its ur choice whether or not u tell people

should be another section other than reports clled the brag section then it could all go in there

How can you tell if a fisho is lying??????

He's moving his mouth!!!!

Seriously, would rather give a general location than the exact spot.

Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Give the fish a chance . I'm happy to help people who PM me or members I know but to just post the excact for everyone only encourages traffic on a good area. As it was said....a lot of the boats that do come to fish the spot will just take up space and put the fish off the bite. Just try putting where a school of fish is working a bait school on the radio and watch all the boats come drive back and forth right over the bait only to put the fish down >. Does nobody any good.
    After posting a few pics of all them large cobes pulled off the same spot every time I had people trying to get the mark. I called it Western rocks as that area already cops a flogging but being that it was a specific beacon, if I posted where, it woulda got flogged . At least now I have the option of giving it a rest and hopefully it ain't getting fished too hard. Almost all of my reports state the area like north bay or off moreton but when people warn you they are going to tail you out on your next trip for the mark, I might tell a fib .
    Also, I don't catch much worth posting anyhow .
    Cheers, Jay

I don't expect anyone to post where they caught their fish HOWEVER IF they chose to mention a specific location or area, I'd expect that to be the truth. It's f*cking me right off atm all the posts about Murphys rather than the Barwon Banks. Those of us who have been members here for a while know it's a load of bs and we take it with a grain of salt (I dare say most have stopped laughing by now) however ausfish is getting new members DAILY, many of whom have no idea about 'in' jokes and probably believe that member when he says that he caught a coral trout or a big snapper at Murphys reef.
    I know what you're saying Phill and agree ... stretching and fishing goes hand in hand!!
    BUT no need to tell outright lies and spin bs to deceive honest fishos. Just gives the website a bad name imho. If you don't want to share where you caught the fish then fine .... I think most fishos would respect that but DON'T give other people a bum steer just because you can.
    My 2 cents worth,
    Herby

i am with u shane
    if u cant tell the truth then u should shut your mouth
    when u r caught out u can never be trusted
    and then mates loose respect for u
    SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES BY LYING

PETE