Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mooloolaba Meet & Greet.

Re: Mooloolaba Meet & Greet.

Jeffo piked out and had beers at a mates place then decided it wasnt worth it to come and see us..

Tim

It was ab fab meeting you guys at the pub, and it's amazing that the longer the night went we still managed to understand each other perfectly. We must be all bilingual (Basic Drunk 101 and Swahili was prominent) lol, except Tim, Doug and our cabbie Westie who simply decided that English was good enough for them. Westie, how the hell did four boofy blokes fit in that little car of yours? Anyway the lift was greatly appreciated. Thanks also to Steve for the godies and of course to Phill for organising. You have to stay longer next time mate! We were only warming up. Had an absolute ball, met some top blokes, and it was a bloody great chinwag. Got to do it again.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

herb- if you had of answered your phone and sms then i would have been there. ... i couldnt make it till 7.30ish and didnt know if any one would still be there, so i went to bed because of an early start to a charter on saturday am.

Jeffo, sorry to give you the sad news, no amount of beauty sleep is going to help

westie

Quote Originally Posted by gavsgonefishing
    Jeffo, sorry to give you the sad news, no amount of beauty sleep is going to help

I know where you are coming from Gav, that is why I gave up .......just couldn't improve on perfection

years of trying for you hey gav??

Jeffo,
    Yer mate, sorry I didn't notice your call and text come thu. Was a bit loud ... you know how wild and loud these M&G get-togethers can get.
    Next time mate, next time. Can't believe you went out on Saturday, you blokes are MAD!

Catchya,
    Herby

Hi Everyone - just wanted to add my thanks to you all for coming along - sorry I had to leave so early; my wife had been crook the last couple of days and it was worth it to be home in time to cook dinner etc (brownie points in the bank for fishing trip etc - most of you know how it is...............Herby you will soon) he he he . Sorry I missed you Herb - next time.

Anyway - a special thanks to Westie who helped co-ordinate with signage and name badges - and many many thanks to Steve for the stubby holders and Ausfish Stickers - that was very generous and a real surprise.

Good to catch up with Get Wet from Noosa and listen to his stories about the crossing the Noosa Bar - and how he gives it to everything with 80lb braid!!!

Lamented on Gavs bad luck with the markham and what a project that has been ( mate you have a very patient wife) and also swapped some interesting notes on baits and rigging and what the game fishing guys get up to. Also interesting to hear how far some of you travel for fish and the keen ones trying to sleep overnight at the banks.....................I reckon I have the answer for you - Need to buy a nice big trawler and anchor it up on the banks and you can all come and have a comfortable sleep with the 'birds' (stabilisers) in the water; a couple of barmaids a card table, BBQ out the back ............come in mothership!!

Good to meet Spiro, Outsider Skip, Tim, Hoga, Daniel, Big Ren and his deckie ( man you are both big units).

Thanks all for coming along

regards
    Phill

Thanks for organising a top night Phill, pitty about the missus been crook. We will have to catch up another time for a longer session
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For Sure Spiro - I like rum & coke stubbies as well; but if i start weeellll then I need to organise a ride home.

I forgot Armoz (another big unit) & a special thanks to the guys who traveled a bit to get there.

tx again
    Phill

Quote Originally Posted by bigmack
    Hi Good to meet Spiro, Outsider Skip, Tim, Hoga, Daniel, Big Ren and his deckie ( man you are both big units).
    Phill #

Cheers Phill, I used to be FIT, but have only changed one letter these days LOL. It's a bit difficult with the deckie and me fishing the same side of the boat sometimes. I'm about a month ahead of Herby in the getting Married stakes so I probably need to either hit the pavement, do more jigging (fishing) or reacquaint myself with the gym again. What's that saying...no pain, no pain!!

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

westie

There is nothing wrong with big, it is the bigger part I have a problem with. Hey my missus this I am cuddlie, and of course she know everthing, so who am I to dissagree with the Boss.

If she is happy then everone is happy

beggar, beggar and double beggar - tried hard but just could not make it, was about 11.30pm before I was free and still stuck in brisbane. went for an sp work out in the morning and all I got was tialpia beggar,beggar,beggar,beggar,beggar,beggar,
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

it sure was good to meet all you guys lets do it again hoga