Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharks in Coomera River

Re: Sharks in Coomera River

Sarahjane,
    Good for you for finding Ausfish and giving us a chance to contribute.
    You sound open minded enough so I'm sure you'll provide an objective point of view in your article.
    Have a think about what Andrew (sf17fisherman) has said about bull sharks, as they are incredible creatures (from a scentific perspective).
    Best of luck,
    Herby
    p.s. Kev, I think I've heard you say that some days you feel (like) an old woman! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane79
    By the way, the story comes out tomorrow and its called 'not a bad shark tale'.
    Could you post a copy of the article on ausfish for us to read .... I, and many other members, don't live anywhere near redland bay.

Thanks,
    Herby

as herby said please post a link or even the artical here for us to read

if you couldn't tell i have a huge facination with sharks and find the fear is well out of place and i do put a huge amount of blame for that on movies like jaw

this is where i have become cynical of the media (also with the networks showing shows on sharks from tossers like vic hislop and the ten deadlest sharks)
    i do hope you don't go down that track as it would be great for once to have someone in media on the fishermans and fishes side
    (who knows do reports of fish stocks and you may get invited out for a fish on a few boats )

Great, thanks. I love fishing, I can even put my own bait on my hook. cool hey.

Kev's probably got room for 1 more aboard the Whittley!!!

gogecko

Speaking of Jaws, did anybody notice the connection to the recent Amity Pt attack? The town in Jaws was named Amity.

Im suprised none of the Brissy journos picked up on this. Theyre probably too young to remember.

Andrew

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem_Herby
    <snip>

p.s. Kev, I think I've heard you say that some days you feel (like) an old woman! lol
    Mate, some days *any* woman'll do

kev

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

bidkev

Kev's probably got room for 1 more aboard the Whittley!!! #

Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh! [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]

kev

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves

Great! Hey Kev, I'll be waiting at the boat ramp...

Despite all the requests, none of the posts from Sarahjane have acknowledged the request to post the article here.......why is that???

Are we all mesmerised by a female??

Maybe they've been out at sea for a while # .
    As i said in an earlier post, the article hasn't gone to print yet. when it does, i will post it, although its going to be a long post..? How about this...if you'd like a copy you can email me your postal address and i can send you a paper. sarahh@riverlandsnews.com.
    oh and thankyou for your message herby!

bidkev

Great! Hey Kev, I'll be waiting at the boat ramp...
    A rod awaits you

kev

Keep your head and your heart in the right direction and you will not have to worry about your feet.

oh and thankyou for your message herby!
    What message sarahjane??? I don't recall sending you a message or email!
    I merely asked if you'd be kind enough to post the article AFTER it went to press and was released since I won't get to see it any other way.
    I think you should post it here rather than be FLOODED with emails requests. Atho that's one way to increase circulation I suppose. lol
    Kev, looks like you got yourself a new deckie.

Cheers,
    Herby

Sarahjane,
    Good for you for finding Ausfish and giving us a chance to contribute.
    You sound open minded enough so I'm sure you'll provide an objective point of view in your article.
    Have a think about what Andrew (sf17fisherman) has said about bull sharks, as they are incredible creatures (from a scentific perspective).
    Best of luck,
    Herby

Herby, this is the message i just said thanks to. I have yet to be flooded with even one email so im not too concerned but thanks for the advice.

Sarahjane, as mentioned earlier it would be easier if you just copied and pasted the article in this thread (Or a link to it) The length of it should not be a concern!

“Indecision is the basis of flexibility”